Has anyone ever successfully shipped ocean freight with Siam Shipping (Doc Shippers) before?

Isaanman

As the topic headline asks, I am interested to know if anyone has ever shipped anything with Siam Shipping (Doc Shippers) before and, if so, how was your experience with them? I am sending two pallets of household goods back to the U.S., and the quotes from Siam Shipping's affiliate, Doc Shippers, are very competitive during the current shipping crisis. But, the reviews for their company online are almost "too" good. I just want to ensure that this is a legitimate company, whose services people from the Land of Smiles have been pleased . Thanks 

Thanks, sandyf. I have already received a quote from Asian Tigers (very timely and professional, by the way) and might use them for the domestic leg of my trip. I was hoping that someone has actually used Siam Shipping for ocean freight and could comment on their services and honesty. 

• 1 month later...

Would like to follow this thread as just sent a quote of to them (Siam Sipping, Doc Shipping) as well. Looking at send FCL 20 ft Brisbane Australia to Prachuap Khiri Khan .. Will send one of to Asian Tiger as well,, Thank you Kind Regards From Marcu

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/18/2022 at 12:46 PM, gudawa10 said:

Would like to follow this thread as just sent a quote of to them (Siam Sipping, Doc Shipping) as well. Looking at send FCL 20 ft Brisbane Australia to Prachuap Khiri Khan .. Will send one of to Asian Tiger as well,, Thank you Kind Regards From Marcu

In a word . . . don't do it! Sadly, I would not trust this company farther than I could throw them! As the ole' saying goes, "If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is!" That was my concern when reading the reviews and researching this company. They are definitely a legitimate company. But, in the end, the sales rep I was corresponding with emailed me two days before they were to pick up my shipment at my house (one week before departing the country!) and told me the prices went up over ฿63,000 because of Chinese New Year! We have a word for that back in the southern part of America: "hogwash!" This was nothing less then your classic, dishonest "bait and switch" ploy to get my business with a lower price and then try to hold me hostage at the last minute to charge me more! If they will do that now, what might they do when my goods are off the coast of the port on the other side of the world? They could/would simply hold my stuff and not release it until I "ransomed" it with whatever price they require, and I would have no choice but to pay it! Nope. Sadly, they lost my business and will lose yours too, if you are wise. I went with another, more reputable company with whom I had already corresponded with--last minute! Maybe you will fare better with them than I did; but, I wouldn't go there, if I were you! 

On 1/29/2022 at 4:44 AM, Isaanman said:

In a word . . . don't do it! Sadly, I would not trust this company farther than I could throw them! As the ole' saying goes, "If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is!" That was my concern when reading the reviews and researching this company. They are definitely a legitimate company. But, in the end, the sales rep I was corresponding with emailed me two days before they were to pick up my shipment at my house (one week before departing the country!) and told me the prices went up over ฿63,000 because of Chinese New Year! We have a word for that back in the southern part of America: "hogwash!" This was nothing less then your classic, dishonest "bait and switch" ploy to get my business with a lower price and then try to hold me hostage at the last minute to charge me more! If they will do that now, what might they do when my goods are off the coast of the port on the other side of the world? They could/would simply hold my stuff and not release it until I "ransomed" it with whatever price they require, and I would have no choice but to pay it! Nope. Sadly, they lost my business and will lose yours too, if you are wise. I went with another, more reputable company with whom I had already corresponded with--last minute! Maybe you will fare better with them than I did; but, I wouldn't go there, if I were you! 

It depends a bit on what actual contract you had with them. I guess you had a written binding price quote and signed deal. As you probably knows the cost of sea freight has gone through the roof! - We used to pay around THB100.000 pre-Covid for a 40 FCL, now we have paid up to THB600.000 (this is China to Europe). Quite insane....

But I guess you booked it near departure.

We used Asian Tigers too.

The packing service was great, very efficient.

On the other end, depends where you are in the US, but use the steamship line to transport it bonded to the nearest port of entry, to minimize trucking costs, which can spiral out of control if you are a long way from the port

Edited by GinBoy2