Golfing in Kanchanaburi

JAS21

I read about the ‘good offers’ in the Pattaya area!

You could consider a trip to Kanchanaburi to play. Take you wife, gf or even a coin operated friend. Leave them in a hotel and off to the golf course you go.

MrsJ and myself are off there next week, for a couple of weeks, but back th BK before the New Year madness.

Mida is 899 all in (18 holes) AND after that you just pay the caddy fee to play as many holes as you like.

Srinakarin Dam is (over 60) GF 100 for Thai and 400 for non Thai. 300 for caddy and I think 400 for GC (but can walk it) Could stay Erachon Raft Resort is around 1700. Or drive the 70kms from Kanch.

Grand Prix is 1500 all in and 1000 to stay (for two).

In Kanch we always stay at Good Times Resort… book direct… but there are many places to choose.

Just a thought……

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Erachon turned out to be 1500thb weekday and 2200thb at the weekend. That was for the rooms ‘up top’. The rafts were 3900thb weekday and 4900thb weekend!!  The food was ‘sort of very average’.

Srinakarin Dam course turned out to be very dry … normally it is quite reasonable. I suppose for 1500thb for the two of us … shared buggy … shouldn’t complain. At the weekend non-thai GF is 600thb, Thai fee remains at 100thb.

Grand Prix course was in great condition so played it three times … accommodation good BUT the food only average so only stayed two nights. Checked out a day early and went to Good Times Resort. There was a group of golfers from Hau Hin also staying there.

Played Mida a couple of times. Some fairways were a bit long and your ball could disappear from view! Quite dry and greens needed cutting somewhat.

Drove home yesterday and played Muang Ake today. The course was in very nice condition, best state that we have seen it since the upgrade. … we both walked it, something we haven’t done for a little while … ache now!