Translation service

Jen65

Good luck to the OP. 

My condo has an English version of the regulations.  It reads as though the Thai  translator learned their English from another Thai who learned it from an Italian who learned it from a Ukranian, who learned it from a Nepalese etc. The Chinglish translation for your recently purchased electronic device is easier to understand.

You get the impression that the original English speaker was 7 iterations earlier and he/she probably hailed from Newcastle or the Florida swamps.

• Haha 2

On 12/7/2021 at 5:55 AM, jacko45k said:

Key Visa offer translation services, as do many Visa shops. 

would they be as good as and correct as  doing through a lawyer - probably much cheaper ?   

1 hour ago, Jen65 said:

would they be as good as and correct as  doing through a lawyer - probably much cheaper ?   

If you want to know exactly the details then you should hire a professional certified translation service. They advertise their services and you should be able to find them.

If you just want an idea what it is about then maybe talk to a Thai person working in an international company who communicates in English everyday.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jen65 said:

I suspect the quality of the translation would be as good... whether it is acceptable to requirements one can hardly say or know. I have used both.... stamped up and pretty lawyer certified copies, to appease a bank with a big nose, and the Visa shop provided an 'official looking' translation of a death certificate, I sent to the deceased's relative in the UK. 

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, OneMoreFarang said:

If you just want an idea what it is about then

For a rough translation use Google Translate app, and aim the camera at the text.

Very rough translation though, and lots of time not so accurate.

But ok if you just want to get an idea about the text written in Thai. (or any other language)

1 hour ago, moogradod said:

I can recommend CTA. Coming from Sukhumvit going down Pattaya Klang, turn to the right before Big C Extra and then some hundred meters on the left side.

Soi Yume...or Paniad Chang, is that the language school?

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

Soi Yume...or Paniad Chang, is that the language school?

Nearly impossible to miss if you follow the road from Pattaya Klang just before BIG C Extra as described above. It looks like this on the outside:

CTA front.jpg

Alternatively I know a lawyers office where you could ask if they do only translations (they did set up my will and living will in both English and Thai and they did review my English condo contract), but try with CTA first - both are professionals.

Edited by moogradod

4 hours ago, jacko45k said:

I suspect the quality of the translation would be as good... whether it is acceptable to requirements one can hardly say or know. I have used both.... stamped up and pretty lawyer certified copies, to appease a bank with a big nose, and the Visa shop provided an 'official looking' translation of a death certificate, I sent to the deceased's relative in the UK. 

That's great .  I will try a Visa shop