What if PCR test positive before arrival?

58 minutes ago, Requiem said:

What if it's positive? What are my options to enter Thailand then?

I'm actually confused by the question.... 

Do you mean ‘what are your long term options after you test negative at a later date?’ ???

In the UK: If you test positive for Covid-19 you are legally required to isolate - You won’t be travelling anywhere until you test negative. 

You will not be permitted to check in to a flight for Thailand unless you can present a PCR negative certificate. 

IF you test PCR positive on your pre-flight (<72 hrs) test your airline should allow you to rebook, as should your AQ Test&Go hotel. 

I have read that some people test PCR negative after 10 days of catching Covid-19 while 30-40% of people will test positive 3 weeks afterwards but that doesn’t necessarily mean they are contagious, which is somewhat moot when all thats required is a negative result. 

Thus: What are your options if you test positive for Covid-19? - only one really, wait until you test RT-PCR negative, then travel. 

• Like 2

Might sound daft, but I've just got the 7 free covid tests that the NHS in the UK send out for free for home use and testing. My plan will be to use these tests in the week leading up to my PCR tests (that I daftly have to travel 40 miles for). If I test positive on any of them, I will have more time to rebook, cancel or move any of my bookings - rather than doing it all 24-48 before I was supposed to leave.

After say 2 more weeks, order another 7 free tests, and retest myself a week before a new pcr test and flight.

• Like 1

I'm due on an Emirates flight to BKK next week... Emirates have sent me both a text & an email outlining the Covid requirements for entering/transit thru' Dubai.

What I DID notice in this notification was that UAE nationals did NOT have to take a PCR test prior to check-in/boarding an Emirates flight back to Dubai, but had to undergo the PCR on arrival... Wait on a mo, does this mean other passengers may well be sat next to an infected person all the way to Dubai..?  Sounds well out-of-order to me.

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Usual Suspect said:

I'm due on an Emirates flight to BKK next week... Emirates have sent me both a text & an email outlining the Covid requirements for entering/transit thru' Dubai.

What I DID notice in this notification was that UAE nationals did NOT have to take a PCR test prior to check-in/boarding an Emirates flight back to Dubai, but had to undergo the PCR on arrival... Wait on a mo, does this mean other passengers may well be sat next to an infected person all the way to Dubai..?  Sounds well out-of-order to me.

You can mitigate hat risk by a direct flight I believe Scoot/Tiger from Gatwick or Thai/EVA from Heathrow, though perhaps Thai citizens are exempted too, would start from somewhere with direct link but very few  locals, or pay to upgrade into often deserted higher fare seats?

I am beginning to think the number of uninsurable risks will deter all but the most foolhardy discretionary travel here when other holiday destinations for winter sun are less demanding.

Aside from the discomfort loss of time and money the risk of overcrowded /uncontrollable enforced quarantine or hospitalization anywhere will make many families think again.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, RubbaJohnny said:

You can mitigate hat risk by a direct flight I believe Scoot/Tiger from Gatwick or Thai/EVA from Heathrow, though perhaps Thai citizens are exempted too

Thais also must be tested before departure in order to enter under the new Thailand Pass system

On 12/7/2021 at 2:03 AM, RichardColeman said:

Might sound daft, but I've just got the 7 free covid tests that the NHS in the UK send out for free for home use and testing. My plan will be to use these tests in the week leading up to my PCR tests (that I daftly have to travel 40 miles for). If I test positive on any of them, I will have more time to rebook, cancel or move any of my bookings - rather than doing it all 24-48 before I was supposed to leave.

After say 2 more weeks, order another 7 free tests, and retest myself a week before a new pcr test and flight.

Agreed and, if in Thailand, never take and "official" test, PCR or other, without using a selftest (o two) before. If positive stay put and monitor your symptoms. Otherwise, off the the expensive prison camp where they'll try to destroy your kidneys with ineffective [hardly effective ?] antivirals.

On 12/7/2021 at 2:26 PM, Sheryl said:

Required before you can board a flight to Thailand. Also many other countries.

You get a test 72hrs before departing you own country, unless you have a few day before entering Thailand then it would be required.  I had my PCR test at 10.00 am on the 24 October, I left my country at 08.15 pm on the 26 October and arrived at 08.00am on the 28 October in Bangkok, no test in between.