Thai Airways flies direct from Sydney to Phuket starting today

webfact

3pm.jpg

Picture: Manager

Business manager Non Klintha of Thai Airways revealed that the airline was offering direct flights from Sydney, Australia to Phuket starting today. 

This is to promote the Phuket Sandbox and reopening of Thailand and meet increasing demand, reported Manager.

The 777-700ER aircraft will go to and from Sydney three times a week.

To Sydney the schedule for TG 477 is Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday  departing Phuket at 6.50 pm and arriving down under at 7.30 am next day.

Into Phuket TG 478 operates Wednesday, Friday, Sunday departing Australia at 9.30 am and reaching Phuket at 2.40 pm.

In addition to these flights the Thai airline also is operating a four times a week service between Bangkok and Sydney.

Into Sydney this is on Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Sunday and into Bangkok it is Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday.

Aetna Platinum+ Light on premium, great on coverage 

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2021-12-07

Whatever you're going through, the Samaritans are here for you

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information

I had a credit with them for a return flight to Brisbane, which has been useless for best part of 2 years. Because of Sydney's no quarantine, I decided to change it to there. After much looking at the website, I determined that most of the flights were being routed through BKK/HKT/SYD. Anyway I phoned them and they've put me on a direct flight to Sydney, at a slightly increased price. Hopefully I'll be able to get from Sydney to Brisbane, worst case scenario two weeks at a friends place in Sydney.

1 hour ago, jaiyen said:

How about they start flight from Perth ?

Not worth it with restricted international arrivals courtesy of the state government.

Until McGowan opens up the borders not many international airlines operate into Perth so limited seats available to depart for an international destination

https://www.wa.gov.au/organisation/department-of-the-premier-and-cabinet/covid-19-coronavirus-travel-wa

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jaiyen said:

You have to go to Darwin first and spend two weeks in quarantine. (I think you can only go via SG tranfer as Thai is only flying to Sydny as of now)

Edited by markeewan
Addition

5 hours ago, Bluetongue said:

I had a credit with them for a return flight to Brisbane, which has been useless for best part of 2 years. Because of Sydney's no quarantine, I decided to change it to there. After much looking at the website, I determined that most of the flights were being routed through BKK/HKT/SYD. Anyway I phoned them and they've put me on a direct flight to Sydney, at a slightly increased price. Hopefully I'll be able to get from Sydney to Brisbane, worst case scenario two weeks at a friends place in Sydney.

Can freely travel from Sydney to Brisbane as of this coming Monday.

6 hours ago, Bluetongue said:

Yes currently you must "self isolate for 72hrs on arrival" Also make sure you make an "Australia Travel Declaration" can do on line within 7 days before travel. Without this you may be delayed on arrival. Applies to Aus citizens and permanent residents.

13 hours ago, jaiyen said:

What the Perth that will be locked off to every state in Australia this week when Qld and Tassie open their borders? the Perth that has international arrivals capped at 265 people a week for the whole world? The Perth whos Thai Consulate has been in effect closed for nearly 2 years? That Perth? ???????????????? yeah right. People whinge about the hurdles to getting into Thailand what about Perth? A pcr test before you fly. 14 days mandatory quarantine at 3000 AUD and 5 (count em 5?) Pcr tests In the first 21 days of your arrival.

https://www.mediastatements.wa.gov.au/Pages/McGowan/2021/11/Western-Australia-to-safely-welcome-more-international-arrivals.aspx

Screenshot_20211208-070125_Google.jpg

Edited by starky

17 hours ago, ezzra said:

Not a good time to start a new route...I'm sure with all the hurdles of traveling to Thailand and elsewhere around the world those planes will fly pretty much empty...

Yes hurdles many hurdles need to worry about the hurdles. I would say itz mostly to give the unvaccinated in Sydney the option of getting to the "sandbox" no more no less. They have to start somewhere and surprisingly a lot of people give far less of a <deleted> about the hurdles than you would imagine. Mostly they just want to get out of "fortress Australia"

19 hours ago, Swimfan said:

Can freely travel from Sydney to Brisbane as of this coming Monday.

Yes an ordinary double vaccinated Australian can. However you have to apply for the pass. In that application if you declare you've been overseas in the last 14 days they wont let you in. They are saying this requirement will relax on Qld hitting 90% in January but I don't trust the Qld Premier.

17 hours ago, kennw said:

Yes currently you must "self isolate for 72hrs on arrival" Also make sure you make an "Australia Travel Declaration" can do on line within 7 days before travel. Without this you may be delayed on arrival. Applies to Aus citizens and permanent residents.

Yes up to speed on that one thanks, I had to do one of those last year, twice in fact, once at checkin Bangkok and once in the transit lounge at Auckland