How About A Dress Code At Royal Garden Plaza?

Weho

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"h". (my shortest reply, ever)

Humm, Still dont know it..

American word?

not an American word .... or not one used in the 21st or 20th centuries.

Planet WeHo seems to be the only answer

not an American word .... or not one used in the 21st or 20th centuries.

The urban dictionary entry is dated January 19, 2004 but regrettably gives no information regarding its origin. Scotland, or Northern England? Have to figure out where Weho is from, perhaps. Or is it Yiddish, by any chance?

--

Maestro

Cetainly not a north east of england(h***y pie) word or scotland(my other half a jock). The ethnic minority cover all you possibly can in public, or suffer the dire consequences, only applies to the females of the minority, as far as I know, could be waho is on about a different species of ethnic minority though

While eating my almond pretzel from Auntie Anne's at the Royal Garden today, I like to watch the people go in and out and by. By Pattaya standards, I'm considered a very sincere person, and that's one of my favourite local pastimes here. I observed two males, mid 30's, of a certain ethnic background I won't mention, WALK IN... completely shirtless. I think this is crossing the line. And about a week ago, I saw a farang male, I would say mid 70's, not really a pretty sight, in a TANK TOP, AND wearing a Speedo. The tank top was way too small for the guy's big belly, and it was just a horrible sight to witness.

I also saw an attractive female farang, wearing the skimpiest and sluttest outfit you could imagine... the shorts she was wearing were SO short, you could see her c****e p*e. Honestly, it smelled like an aquarium. And lo and behold, a minute later, her apparent DAUGHTER shows up, probably around 14 years old, dressed so slutty, she made the MOTHER described above, look like a nun.

Shouldn't there be a minimum dress code? What bothers me is the two guys of the ethnic group I won't mention, would never DREAM of going out in public in their home country like that... they would (rightfully) be arrested within 5 minutes, and probably thrown in jail... maybe even executed. But here, they figure they can get away with it, and they do.

Now I appreciate ALL tourists who choose to come here, and all farangs who choose to live here... but PLEASE people, PLEASE... there should be a MINIMUM dress code standard.

Weho, I too have noticed quite a few shirtless vacationers walking around Big C and Royal Garden Plaza. I thought about it for a minute because I would never dress that way myself in a shopping mall, but came to the conclusion that vacationers here have a different point of view. They are not on the same wave length at all.

These guys are here for a beach vacation. Sun and surf. They don't realize that there are pedantic locals in these shopping malls who actually live here full time and don't enjoy Pattaya for the same reasons. I understand it from a beach vacationer's point of view in a beach resort.

I'm sure you've been to beach resorts where Europeans walk around like that. The problem here is that Garden Plaza has a slightly up-market feel to it, so all of a sudden this dress style has become unacceptable. In actual fact the shopping mall is more out of place than the shirtless customers.

As a health and body conscious individual, I kind of admire obese people who can walk around oblivious, or unconcerned about their condition.

Canterbury Tales on Soi Chaiyapoon is guilty of allowing the under dressed crowd to dine there regularly. On other Pattaya boards, the owner (who is also a board member) has been notified of some of his guests' displeasure and yet the problem persists despite his promise to shape up the situation.

It's a dirty word, but since no one here seems to know it, I'll just state it: cuchie pie... heard U.S.A., east coast, early 1980's.

And yes, I realize RG is a beach mall, but that shouldn't mean you can enter shirtless. What stores there would allow them to enter shirtless? Could they roam around the Ripley's "museum" like that? How about seeing a movie shirtless? Could they go to the Sizzler buffet shirtless?

Remember, as a tourist, you're still a guest in someone else's country... they need to dress within reason.

They come straight off the beach into Royal Garden wearing beach attire.

What's wrong with that? After all, Pattaya is a sea side playground.

How would you feel if Pattaya Beach became a nudist beach and some of those long legged (genuine) female good lookers came wandering through Royal Garden in their (non-existent) swimming attire... :o:D :D

How would you feel if Pattaya Beach became a nudist beach and some of those long legged (genuine) female good lookers came wandering through Royal Garden in their (non-existent) swimming attire... :o:D :D

nud_e uncovered women roaming around the Royal Garden? Between the fish tanks in the Chinese restaurant out front and the underclothed tourists, the place already smells like Sea World. Puh-leese.

We know it's a resort, but shouldn't there be a MINIMUM?

I'm sure the Rogay Garden would be quite busy if that were to eventuate. :D:D:bah:

Nobody would even notice the shirtless potbelly wonders.

Weho, if anyone could sit shirtless through an entire movie in Royal Garden I'd be very surprised. It wouldn't bother me if they did.

If a restaurant in Royal Garden has a no no-shirtless policy then it's up to the staff to kindly request the customer wears a shirt. If the guys want to wonder around the shops shirtless that should be ok in a beachside mall.

Just enjoy your almond pretzels, and let the management take care of it.

Edited by tropo

Weho, if anyone could sit shirtless through an entire movie in Royal Garden I'd be very surprised. It wouldn't bother me if they did.

If a restaurant in Royal Garden has a no no-shirtless policy then it's up to the staff to kindly request the customer wears a shirt. If the guys want to wonder around the shops shirtless that should be ok in a beachside mall.

Just enjoy your almond pretzels, and let the management take care of it.

AFAIK The thai people do not do this, it is not correct to do so.

But they should put a sign up and enforce it with the security guards grabbing handfulls of sweaty belly and pointing it out to them.

Come on ..... You don't enjoy the view do you Tropo :o

No I don't, however I do understand their point of view. They're here to enjoy a beach holiday.

Normally if I see something that doesn't please the eyes, I look elsewhere. An example would be the overflowing beach garbage bins. I don't focus on them.

What do you suggest weho? Should RG Plaza be a black tie or white tie scene? Personally I think you should lean towards the less formal black tie in defference to Pattaya's beach resort ambience.

Additionally, so as to avoid upsetting your sensitivity, we should ask the city council to install those bathing machines along the beach so people could get into and out of the water without displaying any flesh at all.

No I don't, however I do understand their point of view. They're here to enjoy a beach holiday.

Normally if I see something that doesn't please the eyes, I look elsewhere. An example would be the overflowing beach garbage bins. I don't focus on them.

Please tell me where the beach trash bins are... never seen 'em... I always though tourists, locals, long-stay folk etc. just threw any garbage wherever they felt. I am disgusted by the LACK of trash bins in Thailand, but it's particularly bad in Pattaya... and it's not that difficult or expensive to install/maintain them, and would make a HUGE difference.

Please tell me where the beach trash bins are... never seen 'em... I always though tourists, locals, long-stay folk etc. just threw any garbage wherever they felt. I am disgusted by the LACK of trash bins in Thailand, but it's particularly bad in Pattaya... and it's not that difficult or expensive to install/maintain them, and would make a HUGE difference.

There are trash bins, but always full.

Do people come to Pattaya for a beach holiday? Bet they don't come twice. :D

Jomtien - maybe. But I wouldn't. I do swim at Jomtien, also take the kids down there. But Pattaya beach. Never!

The security guards used to monitor people coming in to RGP a few years ago, but haven't seen much sign of it on my last couple of visits.

(Are these 'sans chemises' entering from Beach Road or Second Road?)

There are trash bins, but always full.

Do people come to Pattaya for a beach holiday? Bet they don't come twice. :D

Jomtien - maybe. But I wouldn't. I do swim at Jomtien, also take the kids down there. But Pattaya beach. Never!

The security guards used to monitor people coming in to RGP a few years ago, but haven't seen much sign of it on my last couple of visits.

(Are these 'sans chemises' entering from Beach Road or Second Road?)

I recall maybe two or three years ago, some water testing was done, and the water in Pattaya Beach would found to be CLEANER than the water in Jomtien. I have nothing to back this up, it's what I vaguely recall reading somewhere... and it wouldn't surprise me. I would hope that the further down you go in Jomtien, toward Sattahip, I would hope that the water gets cleaner. There was a small article in one of the local English papers about the algae in the water, saying's it's just some kind of yearly event, and it goes away... I seem to recall reading that in the past as well.

There is a serious shortage of trash bins ALL OVER... such a simple and easy solution... seeing litter really does annoy me more than just about ANYTHING...

As far as RGP dress code, can we get out the "fashion police" to get to work? I've seen lots of "fashion crimes" committed there.

... What bothers me is thetwo guys of the ethnic group I won't mention, would never DREAM of going out in public in their home country like that... they would (rightfully) be arrested within 5 minutes, and probably thrown in jail... maybe even executed. But here, they figure they can get away with it, and they do....

Thank god you didn't mention the ethnic group, otherwise I might think you were racist!

Come Weho tell us what ethnic group you are talking about and show us some evidence that they get executed in their home countries for doing this. I will be surprised if you can come up with any especially as you obviously don’t even know what exact country they came from.

Come Weho tell us what ethnic group you are talking about and show us some evidence that they get executed in their home countries for doing this. I will be surprised if you can come up with any especially as you obviously don’t even know what exact country they came from.

No, I don't know exactly what "land" they come from... but do you know that I usually can just LOOK at someone, and tell you what their ethnic heritage is... One time, I was part of an expirement for a radio station. 10 asians were lined up, and I had to try to identify which "land" they were from. I got THREE out of TEN correct, which I'm told is pretty amazing, considering there are around 20 east asian "lands", if you will. (from india to japan to indonesia). for the record, five of the ten asians ended up being from the Phillipines! and usually, for the seven i was wrong, I guessed a neighboring country... Now I'm sure many of you right now are thinking, "Oh, I can do that too... I know better than Weho..." But in a real situation, as described above, it's not so easy. If the choice is say, Indonesian or Korean, maybe it's not too difficult... but throw in 18 additional countries... Statistically, most people shoudln't even get one correct.

Now ain't that a kick in the head...

No, I don't know exactly what "land" they come from... but do you know that I usually can just LOOK at someone, and tell you what their ethnic heritage is... One time, I was part of an expirement for a radio station. 10 asians were lined up, and I had to try to identify which "land" they were from. I got THREE out of TEN correct, which I'm told is pretty amazing, considering there are around 20 east asian "lands", if you will. (from india to japan to indonesia). for the record, five of the ten asians ended up being from the Phillipines! and usually, for the seven i was wrong, I guessed a neighboring country... Now I'm sure many of you right now are thinking, "Oh, I can do that too... I know better than Weho..." But in a real situation, as described above, it's not so easy. If the choice is say, Indonesian or Korean, maybe it's not too difficult... but throw in 18 additional countries... Statistically, most people shoudln't even get one correct.

Now ain't that a kick in the head...

Next we will have to guess where else he was part of an experiment!

Thats great,

But can you answer the original question and tell us what region you thought these people were from and why they would be executed. If you can’t then why do you have to go over the top with the ranting and posting inaccurate information, im sure if your arguments did not include quite so much of this then they would be much better received. How can anyone take into account what you say when you type things that are completely wrong?

Yes you are right statistically if you don’t have a brain or you are a monkey you won’t get any correct. However as not all Asians look the same most people could decide what region of Asia that particular person comes from, then choose the most likely country of that region which improves the statistics somewhat.

Please tell me where the beach trash bins are... never seen 'em... I always though tourists, locals, long-stay folk etc. just threw any garbage wherever they felt. I am disgusted by the LACK of trash bins in Thailand, but it's particularly bad in Pattaya...

Next time you walk along the beach footpath, open your eyes. There are large green trash bins spaced every 50 to 100 m all the way along the beach. The problem is that most often they are full to overflowing.

Used to be plenty of bins - if I recall basically for security reasons - ie bombs in bins??? :o

There are still plenty of bins along the beach front. When was "used to be"? There's been no change in the number of bins over the last year.