Testing Clock to board at Swampy and or Provncial airports

RubbaJohnny

1 Are PCR lateral flow certs time stamped or just date stamped,

New US and UK requirement are increasing travel hurdles .

Is it 24 hours prior to ETD , check in , receipt of cert or test times?

2 With 7am Monday  check in mean getting a 24 hour result at 7am on a Sunday which seems unlikely in LOS. If I test on Saturday it will expire before check in if test time is when clock starts.

3 Is there anyone doing quick turnaround tests on a Sunday near or in Swampy ?

The new US requirement (unless it changes again) is that you need a negative test from either a PCR or an antigen test one calendar day prior to your departure from the country of origin. So for example, my family returns on January 26 at 22:50 from BKK (Suvarnabhumi) traveling there from Krabi. They need to have a negative test result anytime between 00:01 January 25 until they check in at BKK. They could get the test before they fly from Krabi, or they can wait until they arrive into Bangkok.

If you decide to get the antigen test, it needs to be officially certified which means you can't just perform a self-test. There are several locations that will provide the proper documentation you need. The US Embassy in Thailand has a list of approved providers. The antigen test is faster (results in 15 minutes or so) and it is also less expensive.

• Thanks 1

ACS at the US embassy Bangkok told me the 24 hour clock starts at the time the test is administered.

If a test is taken at 00:01 January 25 it would be valid only until 00:01 January 26 , according to what they told me.  Not trying to bicker with anyone just adding what I was told.  

When I asked them for a list of testing sites, they sent me a list of 556 locations.  When i tried to open the links, everyone of them took me to Google Maps.  

We are still searching for locations to do quick turnaround tests.  We have a little time to search but better to find something early.

1 hour ago, Uth2006 said:

ACS at the US embassy Bangkok told me the 24 hour clock starts at the time the test is administered.

If a test is taken at 00:01 January 25 it would be valid only until 00:01 January 26 , according to what they told me.  Not trying to bicker with anyone just adding what I was told.  

When I asked them for a list of testing sites, they sent me a list of 556 locations.  When i tried to open the links, everyone of them took me to Google Maps.  

We are still searching for locations to do quick turnaround tests.  We have a little time to search but better to find something early.

There is some confusion regarding whether the requirement is 24 hours or one calendar day. Someone at my doctor office said the initial requirement was 24 hours but that was later clarified to be one calendar day. I went to the CDC.gov website where the specific requirement is posted:

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/index.html

As for the list of locations; yes, I clicked one of them and it took me to a Google maps location. The one I picked show a hospital located in Washington D.C. My recommendation would be to check private hospitals or clinics near you to confirm that they provide the requisite testing for entering the US.