Shootout between Police and Drug Dealers in downtown Chanthaburi 071221

kuma

News here is a few hours ago police were chasing a group of drug dealers in central CHanthaburi City,  and it carried on thru the downtown Nam Phlu market, where at least one bystander was hit by gunfire. 

Story still developing, apparently they have been captured at this point. If anyone else has more details please update.

Ah the serenity of lovely Chan takes a hit with this.

• Confused 1

A little less dramatic, shots fired, one bystander injured (leg wound).

A 27-year-old man driving a pickup truck failed to stop at a police checkpoint.

Police tried to shoot the vehicle's tyres, a ricochet bullet hit the bystander, a middle-aged man.

The pickup driver has since been arrested. Police found eight methamphetamine pills hidden in the driver's seat. 

Police have detained him at Muang Chanthaburi Police Station.

Channel 7 News

Edited by gomangosteen
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, gomangosteen said:

A little less dramatic, shots fired, one bystander injured (leg wound).

A 27-year-old man driving a pickup truck failed to stop at a police checkpoint.

Police tried to shoot the vehicle's tyres, a ricochet bullet hit the bystander, a middle-aged man.

The pickup driver has since been arrested. Police found eight methamphetamine pills hidden in the driver's seat. 

Police have detained him at Muang Chanthaburi Police Station.

Channel 7 News

Yes I see now it was not the mass casualty event it would be if it were a US city, lol, but true unfortunately imo. Still, the more sober reports that followed said he was moving thru the market zone at an elevated speed - really a bad place for that, and what a place to decide to take the shot, obvious now since a civilian was hit but hmmm. I was there today and made it thru no injuries so I guess al is back to normal, lol

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, kuma said:

Yes I see now it was not the mass casualty event it would be if it were a US city, lol, but true unfortunately imo. Still, the more sober reports that followed said he was moving thru the market zone at an elevated speed - really a bad place for that, and what a place to decide to take the shot, obvious now since a civilian was hit but hmmm. I was there today and made it thru no injuries so I guess al is back to normal, lol

your story reminded me of Thai reporting,  completely different to what actually happens.

1 minute ago, steven100 said:

your story reminded me of Thai reporting,  completely different to what actually happens.

very so-fish-ticated comment, thanks for the studied input!

• Like 1

564000012497101.JPEG

Chanthaburi police facing criticism for the use of firearms in a busy market, resulting in a minor injury to a member of the public, and an investigation committee is to review their actions.

The man who suffered an injury from a ricochet has been awarded compensation of 35,000 baht.

ManagerOnline

564000012497105.JPEG

Edited by gomangosteen