Health Min says no signs of domestic transmission of Omicron variant

webfact

4 minutes ago, FarangPumpui said:

Thailand is acting like they can keep the Omigron out of the country. Nothing they can do about it and personally very tired of all this difficulties to enter to thailand

I am sure we are all very tired of the restrictions this pandemic has put upon us. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ukrules said:

Lets think about this a little.

Do they really think someone with a mild Omicron infection for a couple of days will report to the nearest covid prison for '14 day quarantine' when they're barely ill at all?

They're not going to find it unless they go out and force people to take tests because from what I've heard people don't like to be quarantined.

They will need to look long and hard to find any cases until the 'great flood' arrives, at which point they might as well give up testing anyone who's not really ill.

Don't ask, don't tell. As the US military policy was re gays.

• Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Daithi85 said:

And rightly so. 

If you don't test you will never know the extent of the virus, never know which variants are at large throughout the country and put at risk many people who will be unaware that there may be clusters of infected people in their area.

• Like 2

Why don't they do the testing, obtain conclusive results and then report back to the media instead of a blow by blow account regarding the bloody waiter who served food to the American who was unlucky enough to contract Omicron?

Thais really are reactive about such things instead of being proactive.

Worldwide, it has already been stated more time is needed to study the effects. Why can't they just keep their mouths shut for two weeks and await the outcome being conducted by those who know more?

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, FarangPumpui said:

Thailand is acting like they can keep the Omigron out of the country. Nothing they can do about it and personally very tired of all this difficulties to enter to thailand

Agree. Within a couple of weeks it will be every where in Thailand. But that might be a good thing if symptoms are as mild as being reported. If not, then things will turn shi$&y very very quickly.

In my small country we get many omicron cases now..population 5,5 million.What really surprise me is that we have daily more covidcases then thailand who have a population of about 70 million.

So i dont belive their low numbers at all.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, edwinchester said:

If you don't test you will never know the extent of the virus, never know which variants are at large throughout the country and put at risk many people who will be unaware that there may be clusters of infected people in their area.

I'm pretty sure if things were bad hospitals would be filling up, that ain't happening, numbers are dropping by the day. Put down the phone, step away from the computer and go out and enjoy yourself, things are a million times better here than any where in the western world that's for sure.  ????

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

4 hours ago, FarangPumpui said:

I think we have seen this behavioral pattern before.

5 hours ago, FarangPumpui said:

Strangely enough, you never see a character in a Zombie movie complain about having to dodge Zombies all day. 

It doesn’t matter if there is or is not community transmission this week. The point is that it will eventually come, just as it did with alpha, delta and beta. The important thing is to make preparations for when it does arrive, if it hasn’t done so already.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stigar said:

In my small country we get many omicron cases now..population 5,5 million.What really surprise me is that we have daily more covidcases then thailand who have a population of about 70 million.

So i dont belive their low numbers at all.

They are in denial 

• Thanks 1