Covid extension. Town or Patong?

boogiewoogie

I'm currently on a standard 30-day extension (to my 60-day TR visa) issued at Patong. The officer told me that if I wish to follow that up with a 60-day "Covid extension"  then I will have to go to the main office in Phuket Town as they are unable to issue them in Patong.

Yes, it's a PITA!

• Like 1

The Patong Office and the new one at Blue Tree up north are satellite offices set up largely for short-term visitors.  If you are doing a 90-Day Report, getting a Certificate of Residence, getting a short-term extension (like the 30 day extension you can get on a Tourist Visa or Visa Exempt Entry) then you can do your business at the satellite offices.  If you are getting a long term extension, including 60-day covid extensions, annual retirement extensions, and marriage extensions you need to use the Phuket Town main office.

In my experience the Patong Office doesn't really like to see long term people, and have been known to ask for convenience fees (500 baht for a Certificate of Residence, even a fee for filing a 90-Day Report).  The Phuket Office asks 300 baht for a CoR, and nothing for doing a 90-Day Report.  In fact, the Phuket Town drive-through offers very quick and easy 90-Day Reporting (just present your next appointment receipt and your passport).  I live much closer to Patong than Phuket Town but I've gotten the message and don't use Patong even for things that they can do.  The parking situation in Phuket Town is better, too.