Friend been given 30 days on arrival but wants to stay longer.

A business friend of mine arrived yesterday under the Thailand Pass scheme and has received the 30 days tourist on arrival. He is currently in Bangkok and just finished his one day test and go.

He is asking me about what he can do to extend and what his options are?

I honestly am out of touch with anything like this as I have not had to deal with these things for years. He is wanting to extend for another two or three months, what are his options please?

12 hours ago, Scouse123 said:

He is wanting to extend for another two or three months, what are his options please?

Obviously he can obtain 30 day extension.

After that you would hope either a land border crossing would be open or covid extensions will continue to be made available.

One would imagine the latter.

Even if a land border opens the exit and reenter may not be straight forward. 

My money is on covid extensions being made available past Jan 25.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, DrJack54 said:

Obviously he can obtain 30 day extension.

After that you would hope either a land border crossing would be open or covid extensions will continue to be made available.

One would imagine the latter.

Even if a land border opens the exit and reenter may not be straight forward. 

My money is on covid extensions being made available past Jan 25.

Thanks,

That's the type of info I am looking for.

• Confused 1

A 30 day extension will get him to about 6th Feb. Covid extension are currently available till 25th Jan. Worth considering getting the covid ext just before this in case it is not extended again (I hope it is)

As the announcement regarding the extension is only made at the last minute it will provide peace of mind. Either that or fingers crossed 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Greenwich Boy said:

A 30 day extension will get him to about 6th Feb. Covid extension are currently available till 25th Jan. Worth considering getting the covid ext just before this in case it is not extended again (I hope it is)

As the announcement regarding the extension is only made at the last minute it will provide peace of mind. Either that or fingers crossed 

Exactly. 

He should be able to apply for 60 day covid extension as you outlined. That takes him right through till ~6 April. 

Actually the timing of his arrival works out well. 

• Like 1