Thailand Pass Proof of Vaccination

I'm from Canada.  The Proof of Vaccination is a single page with personal info, a QR code and details/dates for the 2 doses i received.

Q1.  Thailand Pass asks to upload separate jpg files for each dose.  Do I just upload the same file twice or should i consider uploading the older certificates issued directly by my province and doesn't include a QR code?

Q2.  Pass recommends uploading a cropped image of the QR code to speed the process.  When I try to upload the jpg QR code it isn't accepted.  Anyone else have the same issue?  Possible reasons / solution?

Thank you

Yes upload the certificate twice and the QR code twice.  It is kind of ridiculous.  However they want to know the date of your first dose and then the date of the second.  I believe it was done this way because of at least one vaccine only needing one entry but others needing two.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Yes upload the certificate twice and the QR code twice.  It is kind of ridiculous.  However they want to know the date of your first dose and then the date of the second.  I believe it was done this way because of at least one vaccine only needing one entry but others needing two.

Thanks. 

Pass doesn't accept uploading of my cropped QR code; only the full certificate.  No idea why.

If anyone has a similar experience, please fill me in.

Edited by Jaymatheson

1 minute ago, Jaymatheson said:

Pass doesn't accept uploading of my cropped QR code; only the full certificate.  No idea why.

Are you trying to upload the certificate and the QR code. You can only upload one file. You have to merge both files into one.

9 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Are you trying to upload the certificate and the QR code. You can only upload one file. You have to merge both files into one.

When I registered there was one field to upload the Certificates (as a jpg, not pdf) and then next was to upload the cropped but complete QR codes for each vaccination.

12 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Just now, KannikaP said:

When I registered there was one field to upload the Certificates (as a jpg, not pdf) and then next was to upload the cropped but complete QR codes for each vaccination.

Thanks.

My experience is exactly like Kannika's. 

I upload the full certificate that includes the QR code in field #1.  Then i try to upload the cropped image of the QR in field #2 -- but the upload is denied.  Tried the same process for the second vaccination and denied.

Maybe you can only upload one image in the 2 separate fields?  That doesn't seem logical but maybe.

11 minutes ago, Jaymatheson said:

Thanks.

My experience is exactly like Kannika's. 

I upload the full certificate that includes the QR code in field #1.  Then i try to upload the cropped image of the QR in field #2 -- but the upload is denied.  Tried the same process for the second vaccination and denied.

Maybe you can only upload one image in the 2 separate fields?  That doesn't seem logical but maybe.

Your experience IS NOT like mine as my QR codes were accepted. Got Pass back via gmail in less than 24 hours. This was last month.

15 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

Your experience IS NOT like mine as my QR codes were accepted. Got Pass back via gmail in less than 24 hours. This was last month.

Sometimes it does not like the QR code and it shows a photo below of what's accepted and what's not. It needs to be a full photo of just the QR code and nothing else. I had the issue because it had a small white border around the photo of the QR code. When I cropped it down Bingo accepted.  Just waiting for the Thai pass approval now  had to register again as they wanted one document for the insurance with both Cov8d and 50k usd shown, not 2 separate pages.  So I had PCH send me one and reregistered 3 hours ago.

52 minutes ago, Jaymatheson said:

How did you crop the certificate?

Once cropped you would have had to save the image and the "save" may have defaulted to an unacceptable format, "png" is a common default.

19 minutes ago, sandyf said:

Once cropped you would have had to save the image and the "save" may have defaulted to an unacceptable format, "png" is a common default.

You may choose which format you want before hitting the save button. In your case just change png to jpeg

54 minutes ago, sandyf said:

Open the Certificate up in a photo app, eg Microsoft Paint or Photos, crop it as needed making sure you get ALL the data in, save it as a jpg. Done.

4 hours ago, KannikaP said:

Open the Certificate up in a photo app, eg Microsoft Paint or Photos, crop it as needed making sure you get ALL the data in, save it as a jpg. Done.

Exactly my point, the OP may have inadvertently saved some other format.