Question about OA visa

Hello.

I have a question regarding my 1 year Multiple entry OA visa (Valid from 08 SEPT 2021, Valid until 07 SEPT 2022).

My mandatory insurance for this visa is valid from 13 SEPT 2021 to 13 SEPT 2022.

I arrived in Thailand on 14 OCT 2021 (Phuket Sandbox), and I am permitted to stay (stamp) until 13 SEPT 2022.

The 13 SEPT 2022 correspond to the end of validity of the insurance.

My question :

I will go back to Europe this month for Christmas.

I plan to return to Thailand before the expiry date of my visa and extend my mandatory insurance for 1 more year (until 13 SEPT 2023).

What would be the "permitted to stay until" stamp on my passport ?

If I return to Thailand on 01 SEPT 2022, should I get permission to stay until 31 AUG 2023 ?

Thank you for your clarifications ! ????

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

Yes

Thank you ubonjoe ! ????

So, if I return to Thailand on 01 SEPT 2022,  I will get permission to stay until 31 AUG 2023.

One more question :

If I want to renew my OA visa for 1 more year while I am in Thailand  (after I am arrived on 01 SEPT 2022) :

Should I go to immigration before 07 SEPT 2022 which is the expiration date of my current visa ?

OR

Should I go to immigration before 31 AUG 2023 which is the stamp date in the passport ?

25 minutes ago, zenplay said:

So, if I return to Thailand on 01 SEPT 2022,  I will get permission to stay until 31 AUG 2023.

You visa is valid for a year from the day it issued and allows unlimited one year entries prior to the date it is expires.

27 minutes ago, zenplay said:

Should I go to immigration before 31 AUG 2023 which is the stamp date in the passport ?

You would have to do a extension by that day since that is your permit to stay date.

• Like 1

Thank you for the replies.

For the extension of this visa, I read that i need to transfer 800,000 THB in a Thai bank account from overseas.

How long before, I need to bring that money ?

3 months before the date i am applying for the extension ?

OR

3 months before the expiry date of the visa ?

15 minutes ago, zenplay said:

For the extension of this visa, I read that i need to transfer 800,000 THB in a Thai bank account from overseas.

How long before, I need to bring that money ?

3 months before the date i am applying for the extension ?

OR

3 months before the expiry date of the visa ?

There is no requirement to prove the the 800k was transferred from abroad for the extension of stay application.

The 800k baht only has to be in the bank for 2 months on the day you apply for the extension of stay.

• Like 1