Eye Drops

thaiflyer1

Asking for a friend............he has an eye infection, red in the corner of his eye ..............not itching and not painful.

He has been using Genta Oph eye drops for 2 days with no improvement....................ive told him to go the clinic see somebody, but he is a lazy so and so, thought it was easier and cheaper to call me

Anybody know of any other medication?.....................

5 minutes ago, MJCM said:

IMHO don't play games and try to self medicate on something as important as your eyes tell your friend to go see a Doctor!!

I told him go to a clinic, not only is he lazy but also a cheapskate of the first order.... lol

Will tell him about Opsa................thanks

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, thaiflyer1 said:

I told him go to a clinic, not only is he lazy but also a cheapskate of the first order.... lol

What are you going to tell him after he bought the Opsa and after a while his eyes gets worse!! Ooh sorry it was a recommendation on some forum (no offense intended @BritManToo

One more time please don't play games with something important as  your eyes (I know I tried to self medicate myself as well and in the end it was a viral infection and it could have taken my eye out, I was visiting the Eye Doc every other day and they were changing Medication very often up to a point I was even thinking of visiting Rutnin Eye Hospital)

Fortunately I have insurance and they paid for it all!!

Edited by MJCM

1 minute ago, MJCM said:

What are you going to tell him after he bought the Opsa and after a while his eyes gets worse and worse and worse!! Ooh sorry it was a recommendation on some forum (no offense intended @BritManToo

Point taken MJCM.....................if it was me i would of gone to the clinic in the first place.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, thaiflyer1 said:

Point taken MJCM.....................if it was me i would of gone to the clinic in the first place.

Thx for understanding. I know it's a difficult situation, but please be careful!!

4 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Could easily be gonorrhea or chlamydia in eyes. Don't chance it, go to a hospital, not just a clinic.

The guy lives alone, no interest in women or men...............and a teetotal vegetarian who gets about Pattaya on 20 yr old push bike

I would of thought red eye also but for his celibacy

Edited by thaiflyer1
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, thaiflyer1 said:

The guy lives alone, no interest in women or men...............and a teetotal vegetarian who gets about Pattaya on 20 yr old push bike

Then it's likely just pink eye which is quite common but should be treated early. How do you know how old his push bike is? ????

Edited by ozimoron

3 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Then it's likely just red eye which is quite common but should be treated early. How do you know how old his push bike is? ????

Ive known him for 20yrs and he had it when i first met him......................

To put things into perspective he also has the old Nokia phone with no internet, hence asking me to post

Edited by thaiflyer1
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, thaiflyer1 said:

I would of thought red eye also but for his celibacy

There's an eye clinic evenings on Klang, past Big C extra opposite side of road, if other things fail, go there

Edited by scubascuba3

Just now, ozimoron said:

So, you might be lying and maybe it's 30 years old...?

Nooooo ........because i met him in Wonderful 1 bar (Pattaya) second road 20 yr ago when he first got here.......he used to drink then too excess, ended up with liver damage and was told to stop.

• Like 1

Just now, thaiflyer1 said:

Nooooo ........because i met him in Wonderful 1 bar (Pattaya) second road 20 yr ago when he first got here.......he used to drink then too excess, ended up with liver damage and was told to stop.

Similar to me. I used to drink in Thai bars (never at home) and I got a clot near my liver so the doctor told me to stop. I never was a heavy drinker though. Very glad I did stop really. It's never good to wait until the doctor tells you to stop but that's mostly the only reason people do stop. I hope his eyes get better soon. If it gets worse, Chlorsig is a good antibiotic eye drop that opthalmologists prescribe.

17 minutes ago, MJCM said:

One more time please don't play games with something important as  your eyes (I know I tried to self medicate myself as well and in the end it was a viral infection and it could have taken my eye out, I was visiting the Eye Doc every other day and they were changing Medication very often up to a point I was even thinking of visiting Rutnin Eye Hospital)

Some people are scared of their own shadows, but I'm scared of Thai doctors.

Which is why I self medicate.

5 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

They aren't too bad in the hospitals but I'll never go to a clinic again.

If I'd followed the advice of Thai hospital doctors ......

I'd have no gall bladder, no prostate, and my 10yo son would have no appendix.

The hospital also told my wife she wasn't pregnant, of course she was.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

As others have said, should nto self medicate. This could be anything: viral, fungal etc.

Depending on what it is, some   treatments could make it much worse

if it is a viral conjunctivitis (common in Thailand) nothing will help except time. At best, bacterial drips (such as he is already using) will prevent secondary bacterial infection but they won't do anything to clear the viral infection.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Some people are scared of their own shadows, but I'm scared of Thai doctors.

Which is why I self medicate.

Good on you but, If I self medicated when I had my eye "scare" (viral infection) I would have lost my eye!

(Still have a scar on the eye because of it)

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, thaiflyer1 said:

My military training taught me urine will solve this eye problem.  My personal experience confirms it.   Its free too.  Hope your friend finds relief.

37 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

If I'd followed the advice of Thai hospital doctors ......

I'd have no gall bladder, no prostate, and my 10yo son would have no appendix.

The hospital also told my wife she wasn't pregnant, of course she was.

Well I had my gall bladder out on advice of a Thai doctor, could well be dead if I hadn't.

1 hour ago, thaiflyer1 said:

Just probably pink eye.

Stick with the opha and it'll clear itself up in a week.

Very contagious.

Avoid your buddy until it clears up.