Thailand Pass

I applied on 4th Dec. Had an acknowledgment and ref. 923847 Realised that photos of the vaccination card from the surgery were probably not good enough so applied again on 7th with NHS record of vaccinations. The acknowledgement number was 943671 .  That would suggest almost 20,000 applications in three days! difficult to believe considering the procedure.  Yesterday 8th, I helped a friend by phone to apply, he was confused and working on the E-visa site for the pass! I checked with him today expecting to hear that he had successfully applied, only to hear that he had received the pass. I have read of other people getting the pass in seconds or same day which gives me cause for concern. I started to doubt the E-Mail acknowledging my application so checked the status; status is "under review". Have any other people had to wait so long?  

The reference codes are not sequential. They are randomly generated codes that are used together with your passport number and email address to check the status of your application. Approval times are all over the map. Some receive approvals within hours. My wife and daughter received their approvals after 6 days. My son was rejected but his documents were the same as theirs. It took another week and a total of 5 applications before my son received his approval. I know that the reference codes are not sequential because I received on access code for my wife, 2 access codes for my daughter, and 4 access codes for my son.

I applied early on in the beginning of November, so for the first applications, we didn't receive an access code. They added that feature later which is why I applied a second time for each family member. I applied a third time for my daughter because when I attempted to check her application status, the system said the information I provided didn't match. I applied a total of 5 times for my son because his application was rejected the same day that my wife and daughter were approved. And it kept taking days to be reviewed, so I kept re-applying until he finally received his approval.

23 minutes ago, geordie said:

I just applied about 1 hour ago,  got the pass within 1 minute.

When I applied at the beginning of November it took me 5 attempts and over 1 week to get the pass.

This is my 2nd pass I have applied for so its getting easier for some.

Interesting ... any tips on things you did differently the 2nd time to speed things up?

or was it just the 'luck of the draw' ?

33 minutes ago, oldcpu said:

Interesting ... any tips on things you did differently the 2nd time to speed things up?

or was it just the 'luck of the draw' ?

The first time I was using the agoda booking, then I got the booking from the hotel and that worked.

I got the booking off the hotel this time because I emailed them what they needed, they sent the booking after 1 day.

I down loaded my vaccination pass from the uk nhs site, 3 vaccinations plus the 3rd being booster.

Changed everything to jpeg for the pass, did not put qr codes on the Thailand pass, submitted and checked my Gmail account to see if they had received my application and the pass was there.

• Like 1