Tv Footie Next Season

jjp

looks like more football channels next season on truevisions. Only bummer is no pre/postmatch in English. Fans of the other teams :o will be able to watch their team more by the looks of it.

http://www.bangkokpost.com/Sports/07Jun2007_sport31.php

I have just called TRUE to get an explanation about their recent press launch regarding their 2007/2008 EPL exclusive coverage in Thailand.

[1] All existing GOLD and PLATINUM subscribers [whether cable of Digital] will get full access to the EPL coverage at no extra cost.

[2] All the EPL coverage will still be seen in Thailand via the STAR/ESPN Singapore link including pre/post match features.

[3] PLATINUM will get about 5% more games shown than GOLD

The rationale for this strategy is to try and expand the GOLD and PLATINUM user base into the non-expat community in Thailand.

In other words its business as usual!

I am subscribed to the gold package which is good enough for me 'cause they show all of Liverpool's games live.

The thing that pisses me off though is that the pre match build up and the after match analysis is going to be presented in Thai. I mean I can speak Thai , but the only thing that compares to the game itself is the build up to it and the after game analysis ( as long as Liverpool have won :D:D ) , and I love listening to it by guys who have played the game at the top level , Steve McMahon , Gerry Armstrong , Paul Walsh , Bryan Robson , no Thai player has ever played in the top leagues of Europe so even though we can listen to their opinion and it might be spot on , its still in Thai and doesnt have the respect as an opinion from an ( some :o ) ex footballer would.

In the end money , over customer appreciation , won once again :D .

And at least we still get the commentary in English courtesy of sky sports.

I am subscribed to the gold package which is good enough for me 'cause they show all of Liverpool's games live.

The thing that pisses me off though is that the pre match build up and the after match analysis is going to be presented in Thai. I mean I can speak Thai , but the only thing that compares to the game itself is the build up to it and the after game analysis ( as long as Liverpool have won :D:D ) , and I love listening to it by guys who have played the game at the top level , Steve McMahon , Gerry Armstrong , Paul Walsh , Bryan Robson , no Thai player has ever played in the top leagues of Europe so even though we can listen to their opinion and it might be spot on , its still in Thai and doesnt have the respect as an opinion from an ( some :o ) ex footballer would.

Look on the bright side, no more Mr football cliche Masefield and some of the other freeloading dummies! Will miss John Dykes though.

Well done oracle 101 for contacting TRUE.

Though excuse me I am a bit confused.

Seems to be that what is being said thru your posting is that we will still be getting the ESPN/Star coverage post and pre match discussions in English, John Dykes etc?

Is that your understanding?

If this is correct then it means that the previous and some current assertions that we lose the ESPN/Star presentation is inaccurate.

Be glad for clarification......thank you..........

Look on the bright side, no more Mr football cliche Masefield and some of the other freeloading dummies! Will miss John Dykes though.

and no more Shebbi Singh either....and hopefully no more "Football Crazy"..its amazing what us football addicts will actually sit and watch :D

[

and no more Shebbi Singh either....and hopefully no more "Football Crazy"..its amazing what us football addicts will actually sit and watch :o

I'm a football addict, and I can sit and watch Jamie Yeo all day. :D

Would prefer to sit and watch her all night. :D :D :D