Proof Of Recovery/Test & Go

stu3uk

1 hour ago, stu3uk said:

If I arrived under Test and Go and my PCR in my Test and Go Hotel is positive - but I am doubled vaccinated and have proof of Covid recovery from NHS, dated within last 3 months, am I still required to quarantine? 

What's you're proof of recovery document?

Good question, antigen test might show up as positive but not sure a RT-PCR test would after 3 months? 

in thailand they don't recognise recovery for entry, unlike in many countries where they are valid for up to 12 months.

You can try to request the second test asap.

Somebody suggested showing recovery paper to health officer in the airport, so they can put on the record.

The system is somehow flexible for thai, less for foreign residents, but not international arrivals. And even less during omicron wave.

Before departure do often atk tests at home.

Having an antibody test (it's cheap, some 25gbp) showing high levels might be a proof you were infected recently and not likely contagious. They might shorten quarantine from 14 to some 7 days

58 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

Good question, antigen test might show up as positive but not sure a RT-PCR test would after 3 months? 

Proof of recovery is part of NHS Covid Pass in UK - basically states you have had Covid and dates and recovered. (Ie 10 days in quarantine)

i never had a positive Lateral Flow even day after I hd a positive PCR

52 minutes ago, internationalism said:

in thailand they don't recognise recovery for entry, unlike in many countries where they are valid for up to 12 months.

You can try to request the second test asap.

Somebody suggested showing recovery paper to health officer in the airport, so they can put on the record.

The system is somehow flexible for thai, less for foreign residents, but not international arrivals. And even less during omicron wave.

Before departure do often atk tests at home.

Having an antibody test (it's cheap, some 25gbp) showing high levels might be a proof you were infected recently and not likely contagious. They might shorten quarantine from 14 to some 7 days

Thanks - the confusion stems

from fact on Thailand Pass Guidance it states that even if pre - flight PCR is positive to bring proof of recovery - but doenst explain what happens after that.

i got a positive test on 25th Nov - flying on 1st (supposedly) so hoping PCR pre flight will be negative anyway

1 hour ago, HashBrownHarry said:

It's the other way around. PCR tests can show positive long after the infection has cleared because fragments of the virus can hang around for months. Lateral flows detect antigens, so they aren't usually triggered by old virus fragments.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, stu3uk said:

...the confusion stems

from fact on Thailand Pass Guidance it states that even if pre - flight PCR is positive to bring proof of recovery...

With a positive pre-flight PCR test, you won't be allowed to fly.

With a positive PCR test after arrival, they will look at your proof of recovery within the last three months and decide how to proceed from there.