Buying graphic card in Bangkok

Aforek

Hello, I need to buy a new graphic card, mine is too small

I need a 4 or 8 GB . I have bought a fake one with Lazada ( probably from China )  , so this time I want a genuine graphic card, even if I have much to pay for it  ; Amazon us sells one 4 GB for about 13000 bahts, invadeIT 27000 an 8 GB

how much in Bangkok ? Pantip, Fortune town ...? I don't live in BKK, so I ask in advance 

thanks 

What Graphic card do you have and what are you looking for.

These components are quite expensive now with the crypto mining business and the shortage of chips worldwide.

Don't know how a fake graphic card looks, what is the problem with the one you bought?

Edited by userabcd

2 hours ago, userabcd said:

What Graphic card do you have and what are you looking for.

These components are quite expensive now with the crypto mining business and the shortage of chips worldwide.

Don't know how a fake graphic card looks, what is the problem with the one you bought?

"Fake" graphics cards are fairly common these days.  They are usually older models that have been reprogrammed to pretend to be a newer one,  When you try to install the drivers for the card it is pretending to be, you run into mulitple issues.

A big giveway is if the card has a VGA/Dsub port.  These have not been present on NVidia cards for a few years now,

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, JaiMaai said:

"Fake" graphics cards are fairly common these days.  They are usually older models that have been reprogrammed to pretend to be a newer one,  When you try to install the drivers for the card it is pretending to be, you run into mulitple issues.

A big giveway is if the card has a VGA/Dsub port.  These have not been present on NVidia cards for a few years now,

Ok thanks learn something new.

5 hours ago, dddave said:

I was about to make the same recommendation.  Never a worry about counterfeit goods.  Great personalized and knowledgeable  service from the manager. 

Exactly, Thomas is a great guy and really knowledgeable.  Ordered a lot from them and never had a complaint.

Service is great as well. One day one of my 4Tb drives in a Raid6 NAS died on me (fortunately I have spares) emailed invadeIT with s/n and they said still under warranty. Got a form from them filled that in, send the form and the disc via Kerry to them and not long after that received a new drive!! And it only cost me the shipping costs (less then 100 THB)

• Like 1

On 12/15/2021 at 10:24 AM, Aforek said:

Hello, I need to buy a new graphic card, mine is too small

I need a 4 or 8 GB . I have bought a fake one with Lazada ( probably from China )  , so this time I want a genuine graphic card, even if I have much to pay for it  ; Amazon us sells one 4 GB for about 13000 bahts, invadeIT 27000 an 8 GB

how much in Bangkok ? Pantip, Fortune town ...? I don't live in BKK, so I ask in advance 

Just to be clear. You need to be specific as to why yours "is too small". You should also understand that graphic cards are not measured by the memory. How do you know that you need "4 or 8GB"? The measuring stock is the graphic processor. The latest cards from nVidia are the RTX3000 series. Absolutely the fastest to date. Unfortunately, due to scammers, scalpers, and <deleted> crypto miners, they are selling for 3-4 times their recommended resale price. I really wish that Ethereum crypto currency would turn to ether, and all the miners lose their investment overnight! Yes, really.... That, and the current shortage of computer chips makes the latest graphic cards very expensive for normal users and gamers, and a card that would sell for 200-300 dollars, sells now for 3 times that.

The prices are very consistent, so if you compare InvadeIT and Jib or Banana IT, who all, BTW have mail order, they are all very much the same.

Personally, I prefer to order from InvadeIT, because of the after sales support. If by chance they don't have the product you need, try Jib who are based in BKK and have shops in Fortune and probably Pantip too.

In any case, don't expect to pay less than 20,000 baht for an nVidia RTX2060 (the smallest) with 6GB from any of the mentioned reputable IT outlets.