Bride Price And Hiv

khemosabi

He says he will not have any money to marry her until later next year, when he starts his Social Security.

We need an emoticon that denotes someone trying their best to suppress a comment. post-7151-1181272697.gif

Edited by cdnvic

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think the odds apply both ways, but you are right about the odds being the first on on the top of the deck....

But me being a sceptic, I doubt the story.

No the odds do not apply both ways. Look up the ways of contracting Aids. It is much easier for a female to contract aids than it is for a male. And of course you could be very unlucky and catch it the first time. Just like getting pregnant. A female can become pregnant on their first sexual encounter also.

As to my age, I just turned 61 last month and my GF is 22. Yes I know big age difference, some understand but some don't.

It isn't my money she is after, because she knows I haven't got much now.

I believe I have won this young ladies heart. I can tell how she acts with me, the SMS's she sends me, the questions she ask me.

[/size]

To echo cndvic, please please please give us an emotican to illustrate us trying to suppress a comment.

:o

For the first time in my life I'm lost for words. Probably a good thing, because i like thaivisa and i don't want to get banned. But . REALLY! Will you please wake up and smell the bloody daisies, man?

doubt that a Thai would pay any sinsod in this situation ,

a face saving way maybe to show an amount which is to be returned immediately .

I was under the impression that normally the sinsod is returned either to the bride or even to the husband. Mine was given to my wife, she still has the gold.

Could your (future) wife do the same and use it for her health cost?

In my opinion TH 100'000 is plenty. We all are no millionaire (at least not in US $)

Sin sod is paid to the family.

Khongman is paid to the bride.

Damaged goods usually warrant a discount. :D

Soundman.

Man, that is COLD! But nonetheless, true.

It's not cold to call a girl with HIV damaged goods, it's just plain nasty.

Correct...and unnecessary. :o

Tut, tut, tut..

And if your girlfriend / wife came home HIV positive you'de all have only pleasant things to say?

Soundman.

If my wife came home with HIV a crime of passion would take place. My wife was a virgin when I met her so there could not be the excuse she was infected prior to meeting me as in the OP's case.

It is possible that she was in a monogamous relationship before she met the OP or was forced by a former boyfriend. We do not know everything about this couple. He is almost ready to retire so I assume he is 50+. How old is she ??

Damaged goods usually warrant a discount. :D

Soundman.

Man, that is COLD! But nonetheless, true.

It's not cold to call a girl with HIV damaged goods, it's just plain nasty.

Correct...and unnecessary. :o

And just replying to the OP's question as to whether he should get a discount on his friends BP....

I think the comment should be self explanatory... It makes no referance at all to my feelings on the subject of HIV.

Or did you all forget the Op's question..

Soundman.

strangely <for me> I didn't think of what you said in anything but a cultural way. SinSod in a very traditional sense would treat any woman that had been married previously ... or had kids .... etc etc etc as damaged goods!

I tend to be a bit sensitive when talking about HIV/AIDS because I have an ex that died from AIDS and many many friends that did earlier in the pandemic. But I am a realist! I wouldn't run away from someone I loved that sero-converted but I would NOT choose to date someone that was HIV+ when we met. That makes a statement about me and my emotions and NOT about the other person!

In the "traditional" sense any girl that was not a virgin would be damaged goods unless the "groom to be" was the one that took her virginity.

this is amazing. 22 yrs with aids and parent that want to sell u, plus a 61 yrs old bf?

for me sounds pretty clear that the girl is not to "decent" as they person said in the very firts post.

but love is blind and make ppl stupid. i just hope for the guy not to get sick and then go back to his country to make suffer his real family for a bar girl.

(yeah bar gals also go to the mall mister.)

Look, can we agree that we all know the probabilities of a relationship like this working?

The issue is that people in love have blinders. Accept that, and you will then issue practical advice, not criticism or cynicism. Personally, I would like to see our OP follow up and tell us what happened. At this point, he may just feel like "toss it all with TV."

Look, can we agree that we all know the probabilities of a relationship like this working?

The issue is that people in love have blinders. Accept that, and you will then issue practical advice, not criticism or cynicism. Personally, I would like to see our OP follow up and tell us what happened. At this point, he may just feel like "toss it all with TV."

True. I should follow my philosophy more. It's noone's right to try to save someone from themselves, as Mid and I were discussing apropos HK maids..

Go ahead Mr, fill your boots and report back.

I am now fully prepared to accept:

1) it's true love,

2) that the parents are interested only in preserving Thai culture and not in exhorting some old gent out of his life savings,

3) that the girl's SMSs come from her heart and not the notebook of 'Good Lines to Use on Gullible Farangs' so many of them carry around

4) that they will all live happily ever after (or until his savings run out, whichever is sooner).

:-)

Since no payment has been done, he can renegotiate for a discount, or get also the 2 sisters in the package.

I believe that a 22 yrs old with HIV should fetch no more than 5000 baht at current market values, which is the weekly price for a BG in Nana (one with HIV). Try to squeeze inside the price also the Bufalo (sick by definition) and you may bring home a lot of flesh for a good bargain.