Calm waters anywhere near?

Na Fan

The beaches around Pattaya, Jomtien, Na Jomtien, Bang Saray, if they happen to not be polluted that day, always have very rough sea. Way too rough for our 3 yr old to have a comfy little splash.

Is there any place around here that has decent beach waters?

It's been a while since I've been over to Ko Si Chang, and right now I think Koh Larn should also not be flooded by Chinese?

Any recommendations for clean and calm waters?

Fan

19 hours ago, Na Fan said:

Is there any place around here that has decent beach waters?

Calm would be a better description than decent. At this time of year all the beaches are going to have waves, check the tide charts to find out when they will be lower. Often in the earlier part of the day. By the way my kids at 3 had no trouble playing just into the water with waves, in fact they loved it..

19 hours ago, THEN said:

Hi 

Recommend you to try Nang Ram beach just south of Sattahip Port.

They charge 20thb entry for farang. Water is ususally super clear and safe.

Also a lot of fish + corals to enjoy if you like to snorkel.

Monitor weather forecasts and pick your days based on wind speed and direction.

We've driven all around Sattahip and there was Navy personnel everywhere and they said that everything was locked down. The tiny open beach we did find had very dirty water (ugly thick foam all around). I'll look for Nang Ram beach, thank you!

18 hours ago, Kinnock said:

Just spent a few days on Chao Rao beach, Chantaburi - totally flat sea, very clean, powdery sand, does not get deep unless you swim out a long way. 

May be a bit far for a quick family swim, but I thought it was very child friendly.

That's exactly the kind of thing I'm looking for. Don't mind at all if it's a bit out of the way.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Kinnock said:

Just spent a few days on Chao Rao beach, Chantaburi - totally flat sea, very clean, powdery sand, does not get deep unless you swim out a long way. 

May be a bit far for a quick family swim, but I thought it was very child friendly.

57 minutes ago, Na Fan said:

That's exactly the kind of thing I'm looking for. Don't mind at all if it's a bit out of the way.

Google maps has it labeled as Chao Lao beach.

• Thanks 1

Most of Sattahip is only accessible for Navy personnel and their families.

Nang Ram beach is just south of Sattahip Port.

You go there by road 331. Just after entrance gate you make a left turn to Nang Ram beach.

Nang Ram beach is on Google Maps, so just use Google Maps navigation to get there.

Cost for a small boat to take you out to the corals costs 500 thb.

Your child will enjoy feeding a lot of fish, so consider to bring some fish food or buy from the boat man.

Nearly no wind and small waves are coming from South East right now, so I bet it is very flat in Nang Ram beach today.

Today is also cloudy = less UV for your child.