Motorcycle Tire Recommendations

Tofer

Having just discovered the tires on my new (6 months old) Honda Forza 350 are total rubbish, wearing unevenly after only 2,000kms, and causing steering shake and distinct lack of confidence, I'm now looking for replacements.

I've found a well regarded "Michelin City Grip 2" tire, and wondered if any bikers on here have had them in use to be able to pass comment, and / or have any other brand recommendations.

Edited by Tofer

49 minutes ago, papa al said:

The Michi good.

Get the wheels balanced.

I concur the Michi's are good the Pirelli's & Dunlop etc etc the list goes on just make sure they are balance up properly you can even do your own DIY Check go U tube. 

• Thanks 2

On 12/17/2021 at 6:35 PM, jackdd said:

Pirelli Angel Scooter

Good tires and more easy to find a shop that has them because Pirelli is more common than Michelin

Thanks.

I'm of to Krabi tomorrow, so will check and see what's in stock. 

I found the Michelins on Lazada, but not sure my local Honda can balance them.

When I changed my car tires, the trader could only do a wheel balance at low speed, as their machine wasn't capable of high speed testing.

3 minutes ago, Tofer said:

but not sure my local Honda can balance them.

They won't have a machine for this. In general wheels on small bikes don't get balanced here in Thailand.

You have to go to a shop which is more focused on big bikes, they should have the machine to balance tires.

• Thanks 1

On 12/17/2021 at 6:35 PM, jackdd said:

Pirelli Angel Scooter

Good tires and more easy to find a shop that has them because Pirelli is more common than Michelin

Also a darn sight cheaper. Best prices I found for Michelins are nearly B4,000 the pair, but Pirelli are less than B1,700 for the pair, online at Lazada.

Is the difference for the name or the quality?

I also have Pireli Angel Scooter on my old 2016 Forza, good tires for the price...

Go to a big bike shop, forget Honda, check that they have the proper machine for tire changing , 1)- If they use a big ranch or screwdriver to take tires off they can damage and scratch the wheels, 2)- also they must balance the wheels - Forza can do 130+kph , it's not a small scoot, need a proper balance...

Also ask them to call and order the tire for you from their supplier, their price is usually competitive and mostly includes installation and balance - well worth it...

But wait there and ask them to call the supplier and confirm the dates on the tires, shouldn't be more than a year old, otherwise maybe try to find a newer ones - if buying from Lazada also ask the dates....

Finally, be very careful on first 100km on new tires, I was lucky didn't go down coming out of the garage right after the tire change, slipped really badly but survived...! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Agusts said:

I also have Pireli Angel Scooter on my old 2016 Forza, good tires for the price...

Go to a big bike shop, forget Honda, check that they have the proper machine for tire changing , 1)- If they use a big ranch or screwdriver to take tires off they can damage and scratch the wheels, 2)- also they must balance the wheels - Forza can do 130+kph , it's not a small scoot, need a proper balance...

Also ask them to call and order the tire for you from their supplier, their price is usually competitive and mostly includes installation and balance - well worth it...

But wait there and ask them to call the supplier and confirm the dates on the tires, shouldn't be more than a year old, otherwise maybe try to find a newer ones - if buying from Lazada also ask the dates....

Finally, be very careful on first 100km on new tires, I was lucky didn't go down coming out of the garage right after the tire change, slipped really badly but survived...! 

Thanks for all the sound advice.