KrungThai Max deposit 50k

I transferred from Singapore yesterday to SCB. The Singapore Bank App would only accept 49,999thb at a time. I had to do multiple transfers. It's not been like that previously for me. I'll try sending to K Bank next time. 

None of this sounds right to me. Thailand has almost been a cash economy, go into any bank anytime of the day and you always see people depositing shed loads of baht, if that suddenly changed it would surely impact a lot of businesses and the general way of life here, etc.

I recall the last I heard was that you could deposit up to 2 mil in your own acc without it being reported to the anti- money laundering dept, and could deposit up to 500k into someone else's acc without needing to show any ID.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Chivas said:

I recall this came up recently here using Transfer(wise) where the monies were returned as equated to more than 50,000 Baht

I cannot address this one bank. I can say there is no issue with my Wise transfers into Bangkok Bank to meet my 65 K+ monthly deposit.

14 hours ago, chang50 said:

This will wreak havoc on those who use the 65k income method for their retirement extensions.

Will have NO effect, as it only affects CASH deposits, due money-laundering rules.    Money coming in by  'wire transfers' from another financial institution is considered as having been 'checked' by that source and will continue to be credited, as previously.

• Like 2

Just to ease all the apparent fear (and dispel any fear-mongering here) KTB  officially has no maximum limit on the amount of cash, per transaction, that can be deposited over the counter into a personal, or third party, account.

Neither has Bangkok Bank.

Neither has Krungsri.

Neither has Kasikorn.

Neither has UOB.

I know this because (of this thread) I just called my banks and asked them, specifically.

• Like 1

Well if a 50000 baht restriction on bank transfers does take effect we will just have to get used to transferring smaller amounts.Kinda tough on the guts who use Swift to bring larger amounts tho'.

Edited by chang50
More info.

17 hours ago, Luuk Chaai said:

everything seems to work fine, I just transferred in 165k using Wise from the US,,  completed in  4 seconds    **KASIKORN **

Into which bank?  Reports are surfacing that Bangkok Bank is the only bank where +50k is possible…….   You can help us understand by telling us which bank you transferred to.  Thanks!

On 12/17/2021 at 1:38 PM, Chivas said:

I recall this came up recently here using Transfer(wise) where the monies were returned as equated to more than 50,000 Baht

Yeah happened to me. Tried to send 600,000 (for land), had to do 15 x 40 transactions. What a palava...

14 minutes ago, Luuk Chaai said:
  17 hours ago, Luuk Chaai said:

everything seems to work fine, I just transferred in 165k using Wise from the US,,  completed in  4 seconds    **KASIKORN **

Into which bank?  Reports are surfacing that Bangkok Bank is the only bank where +50k is possible…….   You can help us understand by telling us which bank you transferred to.  Thanks!

I used swift last week like i said 350k bt from Dutch bank to Kasikorn. Got it on my account Tuesday.