Renew expiring OA or enter visa exampt?

I have an OA multi visit visa that is expiring February 23, which I obtained to enter TL last year in March and April.  I am back in the US and and while I had hoped to return to TL by the end of January, the current situation will make a visit unlikely.  I would still be hoping to enter sometimes in late March or April for a 40 to 60 day visit.  Another two trips of similar duration are likely for later in the year, but Covid and government reactions to it are a tad unpredictable.  But, there remains a small chance I could make return in late January or early February, and thus renew in Thailand.

If I manage to return early next year, like in 30 to 45 days from now, is that enough time to use my current visa and to then renew in Thailand?  

Otherwise, as the visa will expire outside of TL, I presume that I will need to apply for a new OA visa all over again from the Thai Embassy in the US.  

Or is there some other option you experts would suggest?  

Thanks, and Happy Holidays!

Jeff

If your Non-OA visa issued by a embassy or consulate is still valid and you enter before it expires you will get a new one year entry if you have medical insurance valid for a year. A new OA visa cannot be applied for in Thailand.

Or do you have a extension of stay of a entry a entry from a OA visa that has expired already issued by immigration?

If your OA visa or extension of stay has expired you could do a visa exempt entry and then a apply for a non-o visa at immigration and then a one year extension of stay. You will need 800k baht in a Thai bank on the day you apply for the non-o visa and then for 2 months when you apply for the extension of stay.

14 minutes ago, Alotoftravel said:

Hi,

could you apply the new o visa using the income method ,65 k /month ?

You could if you can get proof of income from your embassy.

The will not accept transfers into a Thai bank to prove it. They might at some offices if you had proof of a year of transfers from abroad.