Google Pixel 6

Mavideol

I've had mine for ~ 30 days. By far the best phone I have ever owned - I'm kind of a mid-range guy.

Mid-range is, in my experience, the wrong way to go. Go low-end or high-end.

Most recently I've had a Nokia 5.4 (Android One) and a Samsung A51. I've kept both for distinct applications.

No headphone jack, no uSD, one SIM (physical) but can also have an eSIM. Providers here offer it, although it requires some prodding. Got a fairly humongous update last week.

There are gazillions of reviews on Youtube.

Android 12 brings new gestures, so those can take a while to get used to.

I pre-ordered mine from ThaiNexusMan, also ordered a Spigen case from him, this phone NEEDS a case.

• Thanks 1

I don't have a Pixel 6, but I recently bought a Xiaomi Redmi Note 10S, 2 SIM + memory card slot.

Great phone at about 7000 baht, I like versatile phones (memory card, 2 sims, USB-C, headphone jack) with lots of CPU and battery.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

I've had mine for ~ 30 days. By far the best phone I have ever owned - I'm kind of a mid-range guy.

Mid-range is, in my experience, the wrong way to go. Go low-end or high-end.

Most recently I've had a Nokia 5.4 (Android One) and a Samsung A51. I've kept both for distinct applications.

No headphone jack, no uSD, one SIM (physical) but can also have an eSIM. Providers here offer it, although it requires some prodding. Got a fairly humongous update last week.

There are gazillions of reviews on Youtube.

Android 12 brings new gestures, so those can take a while to get used to.

I pre-ordered mine from ThaiNexusMan, also ordered a Spigen case from him, this phone NEEDS a case.

thanks for the update, how much did you paid as they show  the 6 around 20 K and the 6 Pro around 30 K where dio I get the ThaiNexusMan web site

How does it compare to Samsung, the pixel reviews are great thus got my attention, had galaxy s8 and also had to purchase case, as for headphone jack it's my understanding the majority of recent models don't have it

thanks again for the feed back

3 hours ago, tgw said:

I don't have a Pixel 6, but I recently bought a Xiaomi Redmi Note 10S, 2 SIM + memory card slot.

Great phone at about 7000 baht, I like versatile phones (memory card, 2 sims, USB-C, headphone jack) with lots of CPU and battery.

heard good things about the Xiaomi phones but never had one, I as you, like to have versatile phones and be able to change/use memory cards, is this the latest model and runs what version of Android

1 hour ago, Mavideol said:

heard good things about the Xiaomi phones but never had one, I as you, like to have versatile phones and be able to change/use memory cards, is this the latest model and runs what version of Android

It's not their latest phone, it lacks 5G.
I don't consider that to be a big drawback, as 4G is more than enough speed for my needs and I guess 4G will still be around for more than 10 years.

they have a Note 11 out which features 5G, but no separate memory card slot. instead the second sim slot is hybrid sim or memory card.

OS version on my Redmi 10S is Android 11.

128 GB internal, 2 GHz octocore and 8 GB RAM. the UI is very snappy.

Left it in standby for over 10 days and it still had 20% battery when I switched it on.

Other than it being a little "different" because I was used to Samsung phones so far, I have nothing negative to report about it.

Edited by tgw

https://www.thainexusman.com/en

This guy usually best Thai prices..

I have been exclusively nexus / pixels / or plain ASOP android ever since the nexus one. In that time I have every once in a while purchase (or awkwardly gifted) a new mobile from samsung etc and hated it and had to return, resell it etc. I have had some good use out of custom ROMs on cheaper hardware but plain ASOP is a non negotiable now. Its not just the hardware its 'better android' than others versions. 

• Like 1

I came to the Pixel 6 from my beloved Xiaomi Mi9. As much as I like the svelte and clean Mi9 the Pixel is superior in every way other than it's heft.

I don't know how it compares to the Galaxy S21, but reviews favor the Pixel for it's camera and it's price. And for those who care, it comes with the pure Android experience.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Mavideol said:

thanks for the update

While you shared very little on your requirements, not the least of which would be budget, my guess is that you would NOT be happy with a Pixel 6, that you will be disappointed with it and that you should NOT purchase a Pixel 6.

A manistream phone from the aforementioned Samsung or Xiaomi - I loved the Xiaomi Mi A1 and A2 (both Android One), and keep a Samsung A51 - would likely suit you better.

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, LivinLOS said:

https://www.thainexusman.com/en

This guy usually best Thai prices..

I have been exclusively nexus / pixels / or plain ASOP android ever since the nexus one. In that time I have every once in a while purchase (or awkwardly gifted) a new mobile from samsung etc and hated it and had to return, resell it etc. I have had some good use out of custom ROMs on cheaper hardware but plain ASOP is a non negotiable now. Its not just the hardware its 'better android' than others versions. 

how to transfer contacts and other files from Samsung to the Pixel. Samsung has the Smart Switch app that allows for backup and restore, does Pixel has something similar. I did visit the store and all models have to be pre order which I am not a fan off, found another store GadgetShop that has some models in stock and similar price, anybody knows about this seller

2 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

While you shared very little on your requirements, not the least of which would be budget, my guess is that you would NOT be happy with a Pixel 6, that you will be disappointed with it and that you should NOT purchase a Pixel 6.

A manistream phone from the aforementioned Samsung or Xiaomi - I loved the Xiaomi Mi A1 and A2 (both Android One), and keep a Samsung A51 - would likely suit you better.

reliable, fast downloads, good camera/good video,  easy to personalize..... but thanks for the advice

17 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

I'm wondering why you imagine anyone would be disappointed with a Pixel 6. Notwithstanding the op's budget constraints, what exactly would he be missing?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Mavideol said:

how to transfer contacts and other files from Samsung to the Pixel. Samsung has the Smart Switch app that allows for backup and restore, does Pixel has something similar....

When you set up your new phone you should be presented with the option to copy files and apps from your old phone. Google (Android) contacts, email, etc, are generally automatically backed up and restored to your new phone as well.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Mavideol said:

how to transfer contacts and other files from Samsung to the Pixel. Samsung has the Smart Switch app that allows for backup and restore, does Pixel has something similar. I did visit the store and all models have to be pre order which I am not a fan off, found another store GadgetShop that has some models in stock and similar price, anybody knows about this seller

My google contacts sync as soon as I add my google account to the phone.. 

I actually run 2 batches of contacts in 2 seperate accounts, a Personal contact list in my personal account and a biz one.. Works perfectly. 

• Like 1

On 12/22/2021 at 4:40 PM, ScamperAZ said:

I came to the Pixel 6 from my beloved Xiaomi Mi9. As much as I like the svelte and clean Mi9 the Pixel is superior in every way other than it's heft.

I don't know how it compares to the Galaxy S21, but reviews favor the Pixel for it's camera and it's price. And for those who care, it comes with the pure Android experience.

Are you on a 6 pro ??? The Mi9 looks very like for like to the pixel 6... Its a bit lighter maybe.. and the camera lump but within a mm or so.. 

BTW how do you find the camera lump ?? Its sort of offputting to me but not held one yet. 

Pixel 6 here. Have had, as stated above, for ~ 30+ days.

The camera bar is a bit strange at first, but with a case - and IMO a case is an absolute requirement as the phone is thin and very, very slippery - it becomes less pronounced.

The automated set-up for me was even more impressive than on previous Android One phones. Other than adding passwords for apps it was automatic, including apps and contacts.

(You may have photos backed up as a result of your Google Account settings. I chose to back-up all previous phone's data and then drop what I need onto the new phone.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLsGULqMCGg

Still learning the new gestures, feature and functions. Many, many, many Youtube videos are available.

You can use this phone for Google Account 2FA, it has a built-in Security Key which has to be added to your Google account: Security, 2-step verification. When you log-in you get a prompt on your Pixel 6 to hold down the Volume Down key.

Edited by mtls2005

On 12/23/2021 at 7:35 AM, mtls2005 said:

was wondering why and/or what made you "guess/decide" that I would not be happy with Pixel. Although all your previous posts were helpfull and provided a lot of information, this one throw me out on a loop????

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

Still learning the new gestures, feature and functions.

yeah just slapped A12 rom onto a poco F1 I still had.. Used it as a daily driver and really liking A12.. Lots of subtle nice touches, in UI animation etc. 

Poco F1 still an awesome little phone (esp with this ROM) and not too bulky camera a couple of gens behind which is why I am tempted by the 6

• Like 1

18 hours ago, LivinLOS said:

listing removed already... 

thenexusman is almost always the cheapest source of google hardware. 

agree and hope they are reliable company/site, what about inventory/stock do they carry items or is everyting pre order, if so how long is the pre order delay