2021: The year that kept students out of school and glued to screens

webfact

online-learning-2021-review-Thailand_web.jpg

Surveys show that most students, parents and teachers want proper schooling to resume, but COVID-19 is still blocking the road back to normal education. (Photo by Robo Wunderkind)

By Thai PBS World’s General Desk

For millions of students in Thailand, 2021 has been a year of online classes as the COVID-19 pandemic continues to disrupt their schooling.

When virus cases began surging earlier this year, most schools in Bangkok and other provinces with high infection rates chose to suspend on-site classes. This meant that students had to study online at home instead of with their classmates and teachers.

Students have also had to get serious about long-term online learning as the reality of the pandemic sinks in. The highly contagious virus is lingering despite a high vaccination rate that saw more than 60 percent of the population double-jabbed as of this week.

Last year, youngsters may have taken it easy, thinking they would be back in their classroom soon. However, the emergence of variants like Alpha and Delta, and now the highly transmissible Omicron, has dashed their hopes.

Discover Cigna’s range of health insurance solutions created for expats and local nationals living in Thailand - click to view

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/2021-the-year-that-kept-students-out-of-school-and-glued-to-screens/

Logo-top-.png

I hope they eventually have a Nuremberg style trial for the political muppets around the world that continue to inflict such massive harm on society.

I'm not a fan of being on a list, but if they ask for volunteers for the firing squad, I'll willingly sign on and happy to provide my own ammunition.

• Like 1