Phuket cracks down on SHA+ hotels who allowed foreign tourists out before Covid test results

webfact

23 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

keep their passport. Use police and security as with any law breaking

Under International law you are not allowed to surrender your passport to anyone, unless you are under arrest. 

12 minutes ago, Jiggo said:

Under International law you are not allowed to surrender your passport to anyone, unless you are under arrest. 

I think you will find that an old wives tale hence that's why you didn't provide a link to support your claim

• Like 1

On 12/24/2021 at 2:11 PM, vinny41 said:

I think you will find that an old wives tale hence that's why you didn't provide a link to support your claim

Think you will find that your passport is not your property, and government advise is not to surrender it, and a link is not required as it is stated in a passport.

6 minutes ago, Jiggo said:

Think you will find that your passport is not your property, and government advise is not to surrender it, and a link is not required as it is stated in a passport.

In many EU countries their in country laws state that Hotels should retain passports for the duration of stay

here is UK Gov advise on living and working in Saudi Arabia

It’s illegal to work without your sponsor being noted on your Iqama, and your sponsor will normally hold your passport, while you retain your Iqama.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/living-in-saudi-arabia

My Point is your claim that "Under International law you are not allowed to surrender your passport to anyone" is false and we know that to be true because you are unable to provide any link to support such law as no law exists

4 hours ago, vinny41 said:

In many EU countries their in country laws state that Hotels should retain passports for the duration of stay

here is UK Gov advise on living and working in Saudi Arabia

It’s illegal to work without your sponsor being noted on your Iqama, and your sponsor will normally hold your passport, while you retain your Iqama.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/living-in-saudi-arabia

My Point is your claim that "Under International law you are not allowed to surrender your passport to anyone" is false and we know that to be true because you are unable to provide any link to support such law as no law exists

The Passport is NOT your property. and you don't have to lecture me about Saudi, been there they do what they like, yet people are advised by governments not to give up their passport, and why should I provide you with a  link your irrelevant any way. 

May I remind you in Thailand you should have your passport with you at all times, as per Thai law, or do you require a link lol

Edited by Jiggo

51 minutes ago, Jiggo said:

The Passport is NOT your property. and you don't have to lecture me about Saudi, been there they do what they like, yet people are advised by governments not to give up their passport, and why should I provide you with a  link your irrelevant any way. 

May I remind you in Thailand you should have your passport with you at all times, as per Thai law, or do you require a link lol

Thanks for confirming that what you posted about "Under International law you are not allowed to surrender your passport to anyone" was  an old wives tale  and no such law exists anywhere in the world