Nissan Terra 2022 vs Isuzu Mux 2022

ilikethai

On 12/25/2021 at 9:19 AM, pgrahmm said:

They haven't done well since being absorbed by Renault, sales, service, or product wise....Many dealerships have failed/gone under....

Screenshot_2021-12-25-09-15-54-47_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

So you had to find year old reports about Nissan US to support your post ????

Nissan global is doing OK, even though all car makers are suffering from a chip challenge.

https://www.reuters.com/business/autos-transportation/nissan-posts-q2-profit-sales-rebound-pandemic-slump-2021-11-09/

https://techxplore.com/news/2021-11-nissan-triples-profit-strong-quarterly.html

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Kinnock said:

So you had to find year old reports about Nissan US to support your post ????

Nissan global is doing OK, even though all car makers are suffering from a chip challenge.

https://www.reuters.com/business/autos-transportation/nissan-posts-q2-profit-sales-rebound-pandemic-slump-2021-11-09/

https://techxplore.com/news/2021-11-nissan-triples-profit-strong-quarterly.html

No, they've been iffy for a long while... Without Renault they might have no longer even been around....

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, pgrahmm said:

No, they've been iffy for a long while... Without Renault they might have no longer even been around....

What does this bad news and dramas or going red have to do with making cars?  I was taught car makers don't make profit or if they do its less than $100  but the reason why they keep on making cars is they love making them and for us to drive.  Thankyou all car brands!  This post is done.  Be safe and happy new year!

On 12/24/2021 at 6:31 PM, Thingamabob said:

I'm not aware of Nissan losing money, market share, or design/quality issues. Nor am I aware of speculation regarding it's corporate demise. I would choose Nissan every time.

They might still be profitable: 

Nissan.jpg.0a608301516349b15545c09cf334902d.jpg

Edited by Yellowtail

On 12/26/2021 at 6:15 PM, pgrahmm said:

Nothing wrong with a manual tailgate with the gas charged self raising lifts/struts....Less to break & trouble free....Click the remote & start the raise slightly - let it swing up....

Unless you're always going to be opening carrying 2 babies or 2 full shopping bags....

I hate the power tailgate on the Fortuner. 

10 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

I hate the power tailgate on the Fortuner. 

Just interested to know what there is to hate?

I'm very happy with the one on my Terra. Can open and close it from the drivers seat, open it with waving the foot under the rear bumper and closing effortless with the button.

2 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Just interested to know what there is to hate?

I'm very happy with the one on my Terra. Can open and close it from the drivers seat, open it with waving the foot under the rear bumper and closing effortless with the button.

I guess I should have said hated. The tailgate is fine, but the buttons that lock it out and adjust the stop-height are to the lower right of the driver and in the same small cluster that includes the switch that deactivates the "start-stop" system (which I continue to hate) such that when I disable the start-stop function I would often inadvertently lock out the tailgate. Once I got used to this it was okay. I have to say that the the powered tailgate is more convenient than a non-powered tailgate. That said, it is not an option I would pay extra for, nor would it sway my onionin one way or the other buying a vehicle. 

The automatic transmission in the 'tuna (at least mine) seems soft as well. Overall, I'm happy with the Fortuner, but I was expecting significant improvements in power, comfort and economy over the 3l Highlander I had before it and was somewhat disappointed. It does ride and drive a little better and I still like the way it looks inside and out. No problems with it at all after five years, so no regrets. 

Incidentally, I saw a Terra that I think was a new model the other day and thought it looked great. It was white with a black top.

I try to buy the second model year on a new platform because by then there are plenty of reviews, the issues have mostly been ironed out, a few new features have been added, they have not started cheaping it out yet, and you get a car that will still look pretty new in five years. 

• Like 1