Phuket Testing incorrect charge for 2nd test

Hi,

Im trying to book the tests for the Phuket sandbox. The government announced 2 days ago that you would do a pcr test on arrival at the airport then another PCR test 4 days later at another location but the cost of the 2nd test would be covered by the government for free.

On the website where you book the tests i select the 1st test at Phuket airport then i have to select the 2nd test before i proceed to the next step.  When i select the 2nd test the system is charging you for the second test at 2100 baht plus 2100 baht for the first test total of 4200 baht.

Does anybody know why is the system still charging for the 2nd test despite the announcement by the government 2 days ago that the 2nd test was supposed to be free?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, ChrisP24 said:

Are you sure that the second test was to be the (more expensive) PCR test?  Perhaps the "free" test was the home test before the rules changed a few days ago due to Omicron.  Just guessing as to this being a possibility.

This is what was announced on the 21st December: So despite this announcement below they are still continuing to charge for it. 

• Visitors entering under the Test & Go and Sandbox must undergo two RT-PCR tests. The costs for the additional test will be covered by the government.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Alldar said:

My understanding was that the free test paid by the government applies for Test & Go scheme and Living In The Blue Zone scheme (Bangkok Sandbox) and not Phuket Sandbox. But maybe I am wrong.

Where do you see this please? Media outlets were reporting it that the Phuket sandbox 2nd test was also free.

2 minutes ago, bear9 said:

Where do you see this please? Media outlets were reporting it that the Phuket sandbox 2nd test was also free.

The reason for the free test was that they changed conditions for those two schemes but people who were already approved with the previous conditions shouldn't pay more for additional PCR test. For Phuket Sandbox they were not changing conditions so no reason for the Thai government to pay for the test. You can see it here for example: https://www.tatnews.org/2021/12/thailand-reopening-living-in-the-blue-zone-17-sandbox-destinations/

For the Bangkok Sandbox they mention that 2nd PCR test is without additional cost. They don't mention it for Phuket Sandbox.

• Like 1

Unfortunately my initial understanding was the same as Alldar's. 

After Test & Go applications were frozen, those that already received their Pass and were scheduled to travel after Dec. 22 would be grandfathered in and not have to pay for the 2nd PCR test.  Those that would be applying in the future for a Pass after Dec. 22 would be vulnerable.

10 minutes ago, Alldar said:

The reason for the free test was that they changed conditions for those two schemes but people who were already approved with the previous conditions shouldn't pay more for additional PCR test. For Phuket Sandbox they were not changing conditions so no reason for the Thai government to pay for the test. You can see it here for example: https://www.tatnews.org/2021/12/thailand-reopening-living-in-the-blue-zone-17-sandbox-destinations/

For the Bangkok Sandbox they mention that 2nd PCR test is without additional cost. They don't mention it for Phuket Sandbox.

Thank you for this link that’s helped me. Seems like you do have to pay for the 2nd test for Phuket.

What's really annoying is that for those of us who've already paid for the 1st PCR test CANNOT just pay for the 2nd using PSAS's sh***y website.  You must again pay for BOTH PCR tests at once - and then presumably apply for a refund for the 1st one that was already purchased!   Of course, the joy comes when you click PSAS refund button and discover that their website doesn't allow a refund for the 1st test only!  ha-ha-ha.  Amazing Thailand.

Other tips:  use Chrome, use a MasterCard, and if the payment is unsuccessful, you must start from the beginning or else you get a website error.

Oh - and this great fun for those of us who submitted our Thailand Pass applications before December 22 but not yet approved - only to be rejected on the 22nd because of the rule change!   You have to love it!!

Edited by GiveMeAColdOne