Non-O thai wife visa extension + 1 year extension based on work

Hi guys,

I have non-o visa because im married to a thai lady. Then got my work permit and extended my visa for 1 year based on marriage (not work). But because of my wife's work i dont want to continue with my marriage extension but using my work. She must travel a lot and it really makes a lot of problems for immigration and also for us. We need to change immigration a lot. Also all 2 of my extensions are from other cities. Also 1 done by an agency (the last one). That's another reason why i want to move on work based extension. I dont want to use agency visa for forever. 

So it is confirmed before by @ubonjoe and some others that it is possible to extend your marriage visa with your work too. My question is basically what kind of documents am i going to need to do this change? 

- obviously need the proper papers from the work. But will they be the same like normally going to visa extension to immigration OR some documents must change? Immigration will be chaengwattana immigration. OR do i need some extra paper work then usual documents such as copy passport, education like that from my side when going there?

- do i need my wife to come with me again? This is where the problem starts because shes a high rank army officer and shes not here at the moment and she cannot come here too because of some work. This thing was a problem many times with the immigration. This is one of the reasons why i want to change the visa extension to work based. 

- if no need the wife, will i need the original marriage certificate or copy of them or KOR2 or any related paper work / documents of my wife?

- I know it is possible but my HR department really insists it cannot be done. When i asked her why she told me some other person tried it before (some years ago) and they told him its not possible at CW because his visa is non-o thai wife not non-o work. 

- Any suggestions with the documents? 

- Will there be any problems because my last visa extension based on marriage was done by an agency and again its not bangkok. ( i asked this because we have a new employee and he came from Udon Thani, he cancelled his visa and got covid visa with some papers from the udon immigration to CW. So he can extend it or change it to non-b work visa. At udon things were so good and fast. But in CW they called the udon immigration and many other things.) Well as you can understand my last visa was done by agency im little bit worry about this.

thanks a lot,

You will be changing the reason for your extension of stay to working for a company from marriage. It can be done with you existing non-o visa entry. A non-b visa entry is not required.

A general list of required documents to apply for a extension of stay based upon working for company is number 1 here.

https://www.immigration.go.th/en/?p=14714

You will also need at least 50k baht of monthly income from a western country.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, problemfarang said:

- do i need my wife to come with me again? This is where the problem starts because shes a high rank army officer and shes not here at the moment and she cannot come here too because of some work. This thing was a problem many times with the immigration. This is one of the reasons why i want to change the visa extension to work based. 

My experience, when I changed my Non-O reason from marriage to retirement, is that immigration required my wife to appear at the office in order to approve the change. Perhaps that is because, strictly speaking, I would no longer have an obligation to support her under a retirement visa.

However, Mrs. Laew knew she had nothing to worry about. She has her claws in me pretty deep.

Paul Laew

Edited by Paulaew
grammar
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You will be changing the reason for your extension of stay to working for a company from marriage. It can be done with you existing non-o visa entry. A non-b visa entry is not required.

A general list of required documents to apply for a extension of stay based upon working for company is number 1 here.

https://www.immigration.go.th/en/?p=14714

You will also need at least 50k baht of monthly income from a western country.

thank you

2 hours ago, Paulaew said:

My experience, when I changed my Non-O reason from marriage to retirement, is that immigration required my wife to appear at the office in order to approve the change. Perhaps that is because, strictly speaking, I would no longer have an obligation to support her under a retirement visa.

However, Mrs. Laew knew she had nothing to worry about. She has her claws in me pretty deep.

Paul Laew

thnx for the info ????