Wise Money Transfer Newbie here.

Is it possible to send from my Thai Kasikorn bank account example 200,000 Bht by Wise Money transfer to the Philippines?

What do i need for this and can i send the amount to myself? and do i need a Phillipines bank account for collecting this?  or can I collect the amount in the Philippines in Pesos also without having a Philippines bank account? ????????

12 hours ago, theoldgit said:

No, you cannot use Wise to send funds from Thailand to any country.

Try Dee Money or the K+ App, though with both you need a bank account in the Philippines.

Oh so even with a Phillipines bank account I can’t use Wise to send money from Thailand to Phillipines bank? 

3 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

This is interesting  because my Wise account comes with a London, UK based bank  account  with account  number  and sort code

So does mine.  But you can't use Wise to send money from Thailand to it, or to anywhere else for that matter.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Destiny1990 said:

Oh so even with a Phillipines bank account I can’t use Wise to send money from Thailand to Phillipines bank? 

No, the Thai government makes it difficult for people to send money OUT of Thailand but sending money into Thailand is not a problem.

The only one that is allowed is Dee Money.

I wonder whether Dee Money is connected to the Thai government? 

10 minutes ago, EricTh said:

No, the Thai government makes it difficult for people to send money OUT of Thailand but sending money into Thailand is not a problem.

The only one that is allowed is Dee Money.

I wonder whether Dee Money is connected to the Thai government? 

As well as Dee Money you can also send cash out of Thailand via some Thai Banking Apps, for instance I and a number of other members have sent cash out of Thailand via K+, as I mentioned a few days ago.

30 minutes ago, theoldgit said:

As well as Dee Money you can also send cash out of Thailand via some Thai Banking Apps, for instance I and a number of other members have sent cash out of Thailand via K+, as I mentioned a few days ago.

We are talking about good exchange rates, banks have the worst exchange rates.

4 minutes ago, EricTh said:

We are talking about good exchange rates, banks have the worst exchange rate

I was responding to your statement "The only one that is allowed is Dee Money", which was incorrect.

The OP was asking about sending money from his Kasikorn Account via Wise, he never mentioned exchange rates.

As a matter of interest though, my most recent transfers via K+ certainly had a better exchange rate and transfer fee that Dee.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, theoldgit said:

I was responding to your statement "The only one that is allowed is Dee Money", which was incorrect.

The OP was asking about sending money from his Kasikorn Account via Wise, he never mentioned exchange rates.

As a matter of interest though, my most recent transfers via K+ certainly had a better exchange rate and transfer fee that Dee.

That's interesting because I've never heard of K+? Can you give a link to it since it has better exchange rate?

Edited by EricTh

3 minutes ago, EricTh said:

That's interesting because I've never heard of K+? Can you give a link to it since it has better exchange rate?

I didn't claim it always had a better exchange rate, I said "my most recent transfers via K+ certainly had a better exchange rate and transfer fee that Dee"

You need to bank with Kasikorn, like the OP, and install their App https://www.kasikornbank.com/en/personal/digital-banking/kplus/functions/basic/Pages/international-transfer.html

4 minutes ago, theoldgit said:

I didn't claim it always had a better exchange rate, I said "my most recent transfers via K+ certainly had a better exchange rate and transfer fee that Dee"

You need to bank with Kasikorn, like the OP, and install their App https://www.kasikornbank.com/en/personal/digital-banking/kplus/functions/basic/Pages/international-transfer.html

So it's not independent of any banks? I already have bank accounts with 3 other banks and don't wish to open another one just to transfer money.

So the only money transfer out of Thailand that is independent of any banks is still Dee Money and maybe western union?

But we all know western union give one of the worst rates.

Edited by EricTh

3 minutes ago, EricTh said:

So it's not independent of any banks? I already have bank accounts with 3 other banks and don't wish to open another one just to transfer money.

So the only money transfer out of Thailand that is independent of any banks is still Dee Money?

No, the "K" stands for Kasikorn, its their app for their accounts.

2 minutes ago, EricTh said:

So the only money transfer out of Thailand that is independent of any banks is still Dee Money?

A number of banks offer this facility, it's also on my Bangkok Bank App, though I've never used it.

The fact that you may not wish to open any more accounts maybe relevant to you, but the OP has an account with Kasikorn, and my responses were relevant to him.

• Thanks 1