Christmas and New Year decorations

Farmerslife

3 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Never heard of New Years decorations..

It's a bit of a moot point here I think. A lot of the decorations serve a dual purpose and New Year probably resonates with most Thais more than Christmas even though it is not their calendar but I take your point. 

There are three small trees in the office, they have been there for 3 years that I know of. The ladies turn the lights on and off as required.

We have a 6' fake tree that Madam likes to decorate and I put up some lights around the house. Of course the season is a suitable excuse for a family barbie with a Santa Draw for the kids (everybody brings a gift). 

Everyone attending is Buddist :whistling:

4 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Never heard of New Years decorations..

My wife always put up Happy New Year banners each year (and took them down around July).

We had a Christmas tree one year, just for my son's amusement. But we're Jewish and Buddhist, so Christmas is not much of a thing for us. We do like New Year's, and exchange gifts then and do some fairly serious drinking.

To respond to the OP's concern:

4 hours ago, Farmerslife said:

Clearly, the expat community doesn't bother too much about such "insignificant trifles"

There really is no topic so trivial that some of us won't respond. Some of us even revel in the trivial. Sometimes there is a grain of truth in the trivial details. But not often.

Paul Laew

1 hour ago, Paulaew said:

There really is no topic so trivial that some of us won't respond. Some of us even revel in the trivial.

Trust me, my tongue was very firmly pressed against the inside of my cheek when I wrote my comment about "insignificant trifles".

Enjoy your New Year and the serious drinking. ????

• Like 1