Can No Longer Top Up True Move From Kasikorn App

In the past, I have successfully topped up my True Move phone directly from the Kasikorn website.

Now it no longer works and has a invalid reference number error.  That's despite using the same payment details as saved previously.

It also fails if selecting True from scratch.

My mobile phone account is still live and works well.   I topped it up with cash  today and that shows up on the True website.

Any idea what is wrong?   I presume the problem is on the Kasikorn side, but proving that is difficult.

10 minutes ago, ChaiyaTH said:

If both your banking app and the TrueMove app are not working you should be visiting a True branch instead.

The previous post had referred to the K-Plus bankig app, so I was replying to say I had tried the K-Plus banking app without success (as well as the Kasikorn web site.

I can, of course use the True app and pay with an overseas credit card, however, I prefer to have the Kasikorn option, as before.  

True blame Kasikorn.  I have e-mailed Kasikorn and expect they will blame True. 

Edited by jaizan
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, jaizan said:

The previous post had referred to the K-Plus bankig app, so I was replying to say I had tried the K-Plus banking app without success (as well as the Kasikorn web site.

I can, of course use the True app and pay with an overseas credit card, however, I prefer to have the Kasikorn option.   

Then you should use the True app and contact Kasikorn for the other part, it is nog as if we can do some magic fix for that.

• Confused 1

Not want to go off topic. But wanted to add some information. 
Jaizan wrote he pays on the True app using the overseas credit card.  I have been doing this also for two years.  For the past month I receive an error message every time I use my overseas credit card with True.  I called True last night.  The person told me there is an issue with the Gateway.  And they are still working on it.

I have been using the same card on the Food Panda app.  Yesterday I tried using it.  I got a system error message. 
Last month I  tried using the same card on the MEA Smart Life App. Same system error message. 
I called my overseas bank.  There is no issue with the card.

I’m not familiar with this credit card gateway.  But hopefully this gateway is not effecting any other type of transactions. 

Edited by swm59nj
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, swm59nj said:

Not want to go off topic. But wanted to add some information. 
Jaizan wrote he pays on the True app using the overseas credit card.  I have been doing this also for two years.  For the past month I receive an error message every time I use my overseas credit card with True.  I called True last night.  The person told me there is an issue with the Gateway.  And they are still working on it.

I have been using the same card on the Food Panda app.  Yesterday I tried using it.  I got a system error message. 
Last month I  tried using the same card on the MEA Smart Life App. Same system error message. 
I called my overseas bank.  There is no issue with the card.

I’m not familiar with this credit card gateway.  But hopefully this gateway is not effecting any other type of transactions. 

I'm having the same issue. For the last year and a half or so I paid my True bill every month through their app using my foreign credit card, with no problems. Last month and this month, it gives me an error message telling me to "try again later".

When I contacted True, they first told me that my card doesn't have 3D verification, and I said yes it does, and it's worked at least 18 times in a row on your site prior to this. Then they said oh, the Omise payment gateway (probably what you were referring to) is having trouble with US credit cards. But then I paid my DTAC bill online, with the same US card, going through the Omise gateway...

So I don't think they actually have any idea what's going on, and since it's already been going on for over a month, it doesn't appear that they're terribly interested in trying to figure it out.

The final kicker in all this is that I then tried to use their payment kiosk - which I used to use all the time - and discovered that it now won't let you pay a bill unless you insert a Thai ID card or get an OTP on a True cell number. This is probably tied to the fact that they're pushing services for their wallet on the same machine, but there certainly isn't any legal requirement to verify identity just to collect payment for services that have already been rendered. I finally went to a True Shop, where the employee inserted his own Thai ID so I could pay my bill ????

• Like 1

I have heard elsewhere that some banking apps don't work properly if a phone connects via wifi instead of via the phone system. No idea if this is applicable to Kasikorn.  I had a somewhat similar issue using the True website to pay my internet bill. Had to turn off the VPN on the computer.

Paying from the Kasikorn website fails (It used to work)

Paying from the Kasikorn app fails, whether connected via WiFi or 4G

Payment from the True app with a foreign credit card works

Payment from a top up machine in  True shop works only after the True employee inserted her ID card

I still have no problems paying companies such as Lazada from the Kasikorn website.

I was kind of hoping someone else has encountered and solved the same problem.

If not, I shall have to do a test by trying to top up someone else's True mobile from Kasikorn.  Then see if they can top up mine.

• Like 1

So thankful to find others that are having these same issues.  Been in Thailand 5 years now and never had any issues using Chase or Citi credit cards on sites/apps such as True, Lazada, MEA (electricity), or OfficeMate.  Now I can't use any of my USA branded cards on those sites.  And nobody seems to know what is going on.   True said it is because of 3D Secure, which is so "old school" technology now.  Sure hope this gets fixed soon.  Hard to operate my business in this way.  

• Sad 1

I cannot top up my True account from Kasikorn.

I cannot top up a friend's True account from Kasikorn.

He's going to try topping up my True account from another bank.

Has anyone here successfully topped up a True pre-paid account from the Kasikorn website/app in the last couple of weeks ?