DTAC/True using as hotspot

IamNDK

Hi all,

I've used plenty of simcards in Thailand in the past (DTAC and True mostly) and also my phone as hotspot when Wifi was poor. The info here (https://prepaid-data-sim-card.fandom.com/wiki/Thailand) says tethering is still allowed, but at the DTAC website (and similar on True) it says with various prepaid packages:

"Uses for BitTorrent, hotspot, commercial purposes or any use that affect the Internet efficiency in general are prohibited."

(https://www.dtac.co.th/en/dtac-promotion/packages/netunlimited.html?bnid=20150708794

)

Is this a general warning for not abusing the unlimited data or does it really not work anymore? Anyone currently using prepaid DTAC and use there phone as hotspot?

Thanks,

J.

On 12/29/2021 at 5:30 AM, Bruno123 said:

Nothing has changed. As long as you aren't using it for commercial purpose, you aren't likely to hit any fair use limits.

They have better packs for new SIM. all networks now offering unlimited 15 Mbps for 200 baht per month.

Yet again I ask the very same question. Its no good remotely claiming what you do when the reality is different

Now I've just gone to Truemove unlimited for 30 days and certainly not a quick speed per se I might add. The cost is clear and even shows the short code to obtain it....over 900 Baht

Screenshot 2022-01-03 at 09-39-27 TrueMove H – Mobile Package, Devices, and Deals.png

Edited by Chivas

On 12/28/2021 at 4:46 AM, IamNDK said:

Is this a general warning for not abusing the unlimited data or does it really not work anymore?

just a general warning for Thai people who buy a SIM card and share its internet for a whole crowd as a "free WiFi" in their bar.

On 12/28/2021 at 4:46 AM, IamNDK said:

Anyone currently using prepaid DTAC and use there phone as hotspot?

I do, no problem with DTAC, neither with AIS. And a personal recommendation - buy a DTAC sim.
https://aseannow.com/topic/1236854-ais-vs-dtac-vs-truemove-true-h-technical-info-for-it-nerdsnolifers/?

1 hour ago, Chivas said:

Now I've just gone to Truemove unlimited for 30 days and certainly not a quick speed per se I might add. The cost is clear and even shows the short code to obtain it....over 900 Baht

Please search this forum for "unlimited 1 year sim", it was discussed a million times already.

You could buy 20 megabit/s unlimited sim for ~1600 baht for the whole year (~150 THB/mo)

19 hours ago, Chivas said:

Yet again I ask the very same question. Its no good remotely claiming what you do when the reality is different

Screenshot 2022-01-03 at 09-39-27 TrueMove H – Mobile Package, Devices, and Deals.png

What is the connection between my post, that you have quoted, and what you have posted?

I see no connection at all. Perhaps you can clarify.

Read my post again and then try explain to me why you have quoted my post with something that appears totally unrelated.

It's like I say go upstairs to collect an item...instead you go downstairs and then complain to me that you could not find it. 

Did you follow my suggestion exactly or did you do something completely different but expect the same result?