Exercise and gallbladder-operation

glegolo18

Hi guys,

I have 23rd of november had my Gallbladder taken away in a operation here at Chaiyaphum public hospital. The operation in itself seems to be succesful at least to me.. I fell 100 times better then before the operation. I like also to give my warmest regards to Sheryl who supported me by good information so that I could feel safe during this process.

But now to the reason why I started this topic..... As long as I am sitting still and not moving around too much I am Ok and no pain whatsoever. But when I jump on the bicycle, which is the means of exercise for me, it comes back pain after about 10-12 minuter (2 kilometer about) of slow bicycling.

I was advised by Sheryl that the pain earlier after the operation for 2 weeks ago, can be from the actual wounds scars and operation-stuff inside, when they took away the Gallbladder. But now we are over 1 month gone and the pain is still there....

So I was thinking, do we have some guys that have experienced stuff like this, that has gone through a Gallbvladder-operation, that can share their experience wqith me, and maybe we both can learn from it.... I mean is this pain just something that takes much more time to heal, than just 1 month. I am too impatient maybe???

It would be great if I had som "brothers in pain" out there, that like to share their experience..

Thanks.

Glegolo 

38 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

You can have incisional pain on exertion well after a month post op. Pain at rest/during normal activities usually fades within 2 weeks but exercise is a whole other thing.

Agree 100% with Sheryl .. I had gallbladder operation years ago when they made an incision @ 6” and 

Some pain was felt for 3 months post surgery. Take is easy and let it heal maybe walk instead of ride bike for a couple months.. 

• Like 1