Gin a Farang meet a Farang, comin thro' the rye.......

Gin a body meet a body, comin frae the town,

Gin a body kiss a body, need a body gloom;

Ilka Jenny has her Jockey, ne'er a ane hae I,

But a' the lads they loe me, and what the waur am I.

Gin a body meet a body, comin frae the well,

Gin a body kiss a body, need a body tell;

Ilka body has a body, ne'er a ane hae I,

But a the lads they loe me, and what the waur am I.

Gin a body meet a body, comin thro' the rye,

Gin a body kiss a body, need a body cry;

Ilka body has a body, ne'er a ane hae I;

But a' the lads they loe me, and what the waur am I.

You know, sometimes, a Farang, especially a young one, hot after bar-girl tail, is just not worth meeting, in the rye, or while drinking rye.

I really do not know how many of you, here on this glorious forum, might be Farang, or otherwise.

All I can tell you is that, in most cases, I never say HI to farang here, real life.

And, for good reason.

Maybe I am wrong?

But, why take the risk?

Better to just go about one's business, and stay away from farang guys who try to chat your up, or otherwise interact with you, in strange ways.

Here on the Farang Pub, one can be sure of one thing:  Guys and Girls are honest.  Otherwise, they would not be here.

Ha!  You think I am wrong?

No, I am correct.

My opinion is that the people who post here are far more honest than those you might find in the non-virtual world.

Believe me!

Or, is this just a bit of optimistic projection on my part?

Edited by GammaGlobulin

I tend to avoid knuckle-draggers wearing Chang t-shirts, covered in tasteless tattoos, often dribbling from the mouth who order a beer for themselves and their equally fashionably dressed mate in Thai by saying "send (the) elephant".

However I welcome a discussion with any reasonably presented individual. If they reveal their sole source of worldly knowledge is about football, or the only book they ever read started with "A is for Aardvark" and they still don't know what an aardvark is, I wish them a polite good-evening and move on.

Edited by Gsxrnz
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, PFMills said:

GG, I know this is ‘the pub’ but your topics are getting ‘way out’ even for this section. Beware the men in white coats

OK.

Thank you very much.

Wishing you (and all those you care most about) an even better year than 2021, in 2022.

PS:  I hope to see you in 2023, actually.

Take care!

56 minutes ago, Gsxrnz said:

I tend to avoid knuckle-draggers wearing Chang t-shirts, covered in tasteless tattoos, often dribbling from the mouth who order a beer for themselves and their equally fashionably dressed mate in Thai by saying "send (the) elephant".

However I welcome a discussion with any reasonably presented individual. If they reveal their sole source of worldly knowledge is about football, or the only book they ever read started with "A is for Aardvark" and they still don't know what an aardvark is, I wish them a polite good-evening and move on.

As you know, some of us have been reading this amazing Pub Forum for more years than we would wish to admit.

And, I, for one, have aged immeasurably during this period of time, becoming ever more bent, and ever more wrinkled, as time takes its toll.

Yet, as my memory continues to deteriorate, day by day, there is one thing I recall clearly of a decade ago, and this is the past posts on TV, almost an innumerable number of them, which often asked why…..why, when one farang saw another farang on the street, neither one would recognize the other, as if this were a “No No”.

Well, the answer is this.

You never know the quality of the farang you might meet on the street.

He/She might be almost any type of person; one just never knows.

For example, I recently had a run-in with some young man who mistakenly thought that he and I were brothers, even though he seemed to me to be very down low on the scale of primates. He was more like a wet-nosed lemur, or so it seemed.

He asked me to have coffee with him, actually, after insulting me.

I mean, he seemed not to understand that there might be an Omicron/Delta strain of this virulent virus in the wind. Maybe, he wanted to infect me.

I really do not know why Thai people give us farang so much UNQUALIFIED undeserved respect, because, as we all know, respect must be earned. Some of us might earn it. And some of us do not earn it.  But, you can't just bunch us up in one lump, can you?

And so, if you see me waltzing down the street, please do not give me a nod, just due to my handsomeness.  OK?  Balzac was ugly, but still worthy.

Also, if you see me on the New York subway....I mean....  And if you think I look like a farang.....

Please do not pay any attention to me.

Sometimes, looking like a farang on the subway, last station to the Bronx, does not mean that two farang must say "Hi".

One of the more valuable things about the Internet is that you can easily find a dozen people, far more interesting, in a minute, than you might be able to find, if you searched for a year among the people living nearest you, lying under a banana tree, or next door to you in some McMansion. 

On the other hand, one can be subjected to interesting drivel, as well, which just eats up one's time, without providing substance.

Yet, whom among us is to say what is the wheat, and what is the chaff.

I have met many farang.

Few that I have met, in real life, are wheat.

Most are chaff.

This place is better, I would say.