Safety deposit box rentals.

geisha

Hi all, I’ve posted before and no answers. I’ll be leaving soon for Phuket and staying in a condo. I want to rent a safety box for a few months to put my valuables. I’m not getting any answers.  I’m finding it hard to believe there are no companies that have such a service in a usually busy place like Phuket . I’ve had these in Pattaya, Jomtien, Hua Hin, and Bangkok. Surely there’s one in Phuket ??? Any help appreciated. I don’t have or need a bank account as I’m not living there. Thanks,

Very difficult.. In general the banks have a limited supply and they are held for the best (thai !!) customers only.. 

I was refused multiple times or offered to join a waiting list as a face saving exercise when I kicked up a stink.. Then when I happened to have a few million THB in the bank I asked again and amazingly one was free !! Held that for many years now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Have a look at this site. They have an address in Phuket.

https://jwdstoreit.co.th/en/

Until now I didn't rent a unit from them but I plan to do that in Bangkok in the next days. If you want to wait to hear about my personal experience with them in Bangkok let me know. Maybe in a week or two...

Hi, thanks, I’ve just emailed them.  In the past I’ve had very good experiences with these sérvices. I  always rent in good condos , I’ve never used the room safe, they are so easy to open !!! Also the doors are like ply wood . I do keep some small amounts of money, copies of Pass/ flights etc/ insurance at home . Any money , some extra cards and passport goes in a safe. Strange there’s none so far on Phuket. Happy new year ! 

On 1/2/2022 at 5:22 PM, OneMoreFarang said:

Have a look at this site. They have an address in Phuket.

https://jwdstoreit.co.th/en/

Until now I didn't rent a unit from them but I plan to do that in Bangkok in the next days. If you want to wait to hear about my personal experience with them in Bangkok let me know. Maybe in a week or two...

Yes, many of the storage locker companies have secure safe deposit boxes for rent as well. The set-ups I've seen look pretty secure, with heavy duty boxes, doors, and controlled access with plenty of cameras.

• 1 year later...