25 sq mm wire

pe747

Thank you Crossy.

I'll give it a try. Saw in a youtube, that there is a 19 strand wire in the U.K. that is very flexible.

Those battery wires with 100s of strands are probably not suitable, I guess.

Spent 2 hours at the computer to search Lazada and Shoppee yesterday. Up to 16mm there are quite a few. But 25mm is rare. At least by the meter. Found one in Kanchanabury, who sells by 5 meter, but only black. Would have to coat with grey or white tape for the neutral connection from main breaker to bus and RCDs.

17 minutes ago, pe747 said:

Spent 2 hours at the computer to search Lazada and Shoppee yesterday. Up to 16mm there are quite a few. But 25mm is rare. At least by the meter. Found one in Kanchanabury, who sells by 5 meter, but only black. Would have to coat with grey or white tape for the neutral connection from main breaker to bus and RCDs.

Stick some blue or white tape (or heatshrink) on the ends where it enters bus bar or breakers, perfectly acceptable under most codes.

I got 20m of black (no other colours available) last year, unfortunately that seller seems to have gone (as has all my cable).

On 1/4/2022 at 2:17 PM, Crossy said:

Yeah, the UK stuff is called "Tri-rated", nice and bendy.

@Crossy for your information. Maybe it may serve you as well some time.

found this

https://th.element14.com/pro-power/pp001194/tri-rated-wire-25mm2-black-1m/dp/2528090?gclid=CjwKCAiA5t-OBhByEiwAhR-hm5MuALoluhFPcr_vZHqTH9U7EkAbjywIekiF3toMM2e5hB5moYtcmRoCEJ4QAvD_BwE&mckv=_dc|pcrid|554518064101|pkw||pmt||slid||product|2528090|pgrid|123812986770|ptaid|pla-293946777986|&CMP=KNC-GTH-GEN-SHOPPING-2528090

registered today and ordered 2 times 2 meters of black and gray.Let's see what comes and how long it takes.????

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...