AIS Marathon Sim From Lazada

shortstop2

Went to the AIS shop at Central Festival in Pattaya to buy a 100GB per month, 10Mbps download speed for a one time 1790 baht fee for the year.  The AIS rep said he did not have any and implied that they will be no longer selling them.

On Lazada, I see the same product for 1540 baht.   When buying a Sim, I always had to register the Sim, show my passport etc.  So I am not clear about the procedure.

If buying a Sim on Lazada, do I then bring it to the AIS shop, show my passport and have them activate it?

Google translate from the Lazada advert says:

"In the case of customers who open a new number When the customer receives the SIM, they must verify their identity. which can be registered to activate by yourself through the application myAIS or bring the SIM to register at any AIS dealers nationwide and wait for a confirmation SMS before starting to use every time."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have been buying data sims on Shopee and Lazada now for 3-4 years.

The sim will be shipped to you.  It will have an expiry date before which it has to be registered.  It should be way in the future 6-8 months (and date is usually including in the listing from the seller).

When it arrives you can register it in your name via online chat with the seller.  They will require that you upload a photo of you holding up the sim so they can see the barcode on the sim packet and a photo of your passport.  This will then register in a just a minute or so.  Then you put it in you phone and you are good to go.

I have used True, AIS and DTAC data sims.

True is good in that you can get 12 months UNLIMITED data at speed of 10mbps.  But you need to check first that your area has a good signal from them.

I have been using the above mentioned sim for years but recently bought a house in another area.  I was still using the True sim but the signal was not very good because I am out of town.

AIS has better cover here but their marathon sim (6 or 12 month) are not unlimited and have data capped at 100GB which is not nearly enough.

Fortunately just last week I found the AIS SIM promotion (link below) I bought it and it was delivered in 2 days.  It has unlimited data for just 200baht per month valid for 6 months.  It states that speed is limited to 10mbps but I have been getting up to 20mbps.  The sim is already registered by the shop (in their name) so you just take it out of the packet and put it in your phone and it is good to go. It costs 200baht but includes first month of data free. The shop I have linked to below has good service with quick reply to chat enquiries and they understand and reply in English. 5 stars from me:

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/i432334117-s9533932748.html?urlFlag=true&mp=1&spm=spm%3Da2o4m.order_details.item_title.1

• Like 1

I bought an AIS sim from Lazada when I was in ASQ. I had to download the App to register it. I had to take photos of my ID and a few selfies and upload them to the App. It was during working hours and it was activated in a few minutes. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Adumbration said:

The sim will be shipped to you.  It will have an expiry date before which it has to be registered.  It should be way in the future 6-8 months (and date is usually including in the listing from the seller).

When it arrives you can register it in your name via online chat with the seller.  They will require that you upload a photo of you holding up the sim so they can see the barcode on the sim packet and a photo of your passport.  This will then register in a just a minute or so.  Then you put it in you phone and you are good to go.

True is good in that you can get 12 months UNLIMITED data at speed of 10mbps.  But you need to check first that your area has a good signal from them.

I have been using the above mentioned sim for years but recently bought a house in another area.  I was still using the True sim but the signal was not very good because I am out of town.

AIS has better cover here but their marathon sim (6 or 12 month) are not unlimited and have data capped at 100GB which is not nearly enough.

Fortunately just last week I found the AIS SIM promotion (link below) I bought it and it was delivered in 2 days.  It has unlimited data for just 200baht per month valid for 6 months.  It states that speed is limited to 10mbps but I have been getting up to 20mbps.  The sim is already registered by the shop (in their name) so you just take it out of the packet and put it in your phone and it is good to go. It costs 200baht but includes first month of data free. The shop I have linked to below has good service with quick reply to chat enquiries and they understand and reply in English. 5 stars from me:

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/i432334117-s9533932748.html?urlFlag=true&mp=1&spm=spm%3Da2o4m.order_details.item_title.1

The AIS unlimited promo changed from 20 Mbps, 10 Mbps & 4 Mbps to 20 Mbps, 15 Mbps & 4 Mbps this month.

No need to order from anywhere, as you can apply it for yourself. Though useful they register them for you.

What speeds are you actually getting down and up? Use this test to find out: https://testmy.net

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Adumbration said:

Nice that you thanked me for pushing you towards AIS. You were totally hung up on that Truemove H SIM and abjectly refused to publish any kind of speed test results for AIS. Instead insisting that it's performance was similar to Truemove H.

Now here you are admitting that AIS was the right choice all along. Behaviour a little bit too disgusting for me. You are welcome anyway.

17 hours ago, shortstop2 said:

If buying a Sim on Lazada, do I then bring it to the AIS shop, show my passport and have them activate it?

I'd recommend to. I wasn't able to register one of those yearly SIMs online, AFAIR it was DTAC, so now I go to shop for a "manual" registration every year with each new SIM.