Thai govt denies people can't get free Covid treatment in private hospitals and non-vaxxed must pay

webfact

6pm.jpg

Picture: Sanook

The Thai government spokesman was quick to deny rumors circulating on social media related to treatment for Covid-19.

It had been claimed online that after a cabinet meeting it was decided that those who had not been vaccinated and caught Covid would have to pay for their treatment.

Further it was suggested that those who were vaccinated had to use state hospitals under the "Gold Card" system and if they opted to go private they had to pay or use private insurance, reported Sanook.

It was also claimed that people with mild symptoms were being encouraged to isolate at home.

Thanakorn Wangbunkhongchana said that these were just proposals discussed at a cabinet meeting on December 28th and were being looked into by various agencies.

Nothing had been changed yet and he assured the Thai people that they could get free treatment everywhere.

No medical facilities are able to charge for Covid treatment whether they are treated onsite or are isolating at home.

He reassured the population that all treatment is free. 

Health insurance plans that meet the long stay visa requirements

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2022-01-05

Whatever you're going through, the Samaritans are here for you

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information

47 minutes ago, FriendlyFarang said:

Every Thai who doesn't have anything better does come under the 30 baht scheme, so their treatment is paid through this scheme

Well a friend .who needed treatment for a big problems was told to get a gold card so who treatment would be cheaper... also when I ask another couple Thai friends They say not have.... So what proff do they have to show? Not just there normal I'd card......,I don't think 

22 minutes ago, yeahbutif said:

So what proff do they have to show? Not just there normal I'd card......,I don't think 

If they attend the hospital which is responsible for the area where they are registered, their ID card is all they need.

Maybe your friend attended a hospital other than where he/she is registered.

• Like 1