Bangkok Prepares 25,000 Beds to Handle New Covid-19 Outbreak

snoop1130

436801410fee7203d357ae156e27be56_small.jpg

BANGKOK (NNT) - Bangkok has prepared medical facilities and isolation centers to address new cases of Covid-19 patients, with more than 25,000 beds in, hospitals, field hospitals, and hospitels.

The Bangkok Metropolitan Administration (BMA) has set up facilities and prepared medical personnel to handle the number of Covid-19 cases that are anticipated to increase from events during the New Year holidays.

According to reports from the Department of Medical Services, a total of 25,345 beds have been prepared by officials to take of infected patients, with 2,922 in hospitals, 2,898 at field hospitals, and 19,525 beds from hospitels around Bangkok.

40 Community Isolation Centers with a total of 5,066 beds have been established by the BMA to help Covid-19 patients. Three of these centers are currently open, with 50 patients receiving treatment, while other facilities are on standby and ready to provide assistance within 24 hours to three days if needed.

nnt.jpg

14 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Bangkok has prepared medical facilities and isolation centers to address new cases of Covid-19 patients, with more than 25,000 beds in, hospitals, field hospitals, and hospitels

Does anyone else get the idea they're preparing for a huge outbreak?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hotchilli said:

Does anyone else get the idea they're preparing for a huge outbreak?

It would appear to me that a huge Outbreak is already occurring in Banglamung / Pattaya.

My Wifes Niece poster some photos of the Folk queuing at the Hospital in Banglamung yesterday, many carrying bags and Suitcases ready for admission, and Hundreds more also waiting for Testing I guess.

Our Friend who caught Covid was moved to a Hotel for Isolation recently.

He was in a room with another Guy, who has since been moved to Bangkok for Isolation and treatment, and the Hotel is now full of Covid patients and not taking in any more.

Omicron is striking, with the sheer number of people that need medical attention, and with 36 % of the population either only single Vaxxed, or with no vax at all, the situation can only get worse.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Cake Monster said:

It would appear to me that a huge Outbreak is already occurring in Banglamung / Pattaya.

My Wifes Niece poster some photos of the Folk queuing at the Hospital in Banglamung yesterday, many carrying bags and Suitcases ready for admission, and Hundreds more also waiting for Testing I guess.

Our Friend who caught Covid was moved to a Hotel for Isolation recently.

He was in a room with another Guy, who has since been moved to Bangkok for Isolation and treatment, and the Hotel is now full of Covid patients and not taking in any more.

Omicron is striking, with the sheer number of people that need medical attention, and with 36 % of the population either only single Vaxxed, or with no vax at all, the situation can only get worse.

'with the sheer number of people that need medical attention,'

Are you sure they need medical attention?  Doubt they'd be lining up if they did.

Is this due to Omicron variant, or is there a new, more dangerous variant surfacing in Thailand that nobody is reporting, (or identified,) yet?

Omicron data shows lower fatality rates than Delta, shorter hospital stays for patients, but more transmissability of the virus hence Western nations having higher daily case stats, (albeit it is during our winter and LFT and PCR testing is much more prevalent than a year ago). However, western countries have high vaccinated percentages across double vaxed and booster vaxes!

Stay safe folks.