oversized comforter - get washed where?

1FinickyOne

2 hours ago, Dante99 said:

Wash by hand in a large plastic tub.  

16 minutes ago, SammyJ said:

Yep, that is the best course, then hang dry in the sun and you're all set!  Especially possible if you have some help to do it.

I have some help but I doubt I have a tub half big enough - we could do it in the pool but that is probably not a good idea.... 

I am able to wash my king-size comforter in my normal top-loading washing machine (9.5 kg) by folding it lengthwise in about 18" sections and then rolling it up. The height of the roll should fit in the drum of the washing machine. In fact I have plenty of room to loosen the roll once in the drum so that the water can reach all the surfaces.

I'm not actually a good homemaker, I just found this useful tip in the manual for my washing machine.

Paul Laew

Was riding bike around old town south side --wanna say "washpro"..something "Pro" has open air washing machine shop with new hotel size washers and dryers.....south side -going east towards Cm gate..on your left..cant miss it(them)   oooo CleanPro i think is the name--new W/D shop

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, 1FinickyOne said:

I have some help but I doubt I have a tub half big enough - we could do it in the pool but that is probably not a good idea.... 

Just recently, I was at big C and they had a promotion on the oversized plastic tubs, but another place to get one and then use it for washing your oversized items and other things is Home Pro or Makkro--they also a variety of plastic tubs from round shaped to almost bathtub shaped--some made for use with construction, but they work perfectly fine for tasks such as yours--then keep it stored away for all sorts of things--btw, don't recall the name of it--but there is what i call a "plastics shop" just south, i think it is, from Index Living mall--it has everything in large items of plastic, reasonably priced--plastic tubs, chairs, stools, the tubs, especially in many colors, sizes and shapes.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, SammyJ said:

Just recently, I was at big C and they had a promotion on the oversized plastic tubs, but another place to get one and then use it for washing your oversized items and other things is Home Pro or Makkro--they also a variety of plastic tubs from round shaped to almost bathtub shaped--some made for use with construction, but they work perfectly fine for tasks such as yours--then keep it stored away for all sorts of things--btw, don't recall the name of it--but there is what i call a "plastics shop" just south, i think it is, from Index Living mall--it has everything in large items of plastic, reasonably priced--plastic tubs, chairs, stools, the tubs, especially in many colors, sizes and shapes.

Thanks all - I found a laundry behind Butter is Better and they farmed it out to another laundry... sure, they probably made a bit on top, good for them, but I don't have to do it myself... for 150 baht... I am satisfied. Well, I better not say that until I get it back... 

13 hours ago, 1FinickyOne said:

Thanks all - I found a laundry behind Butter is Better and they farmed it out to another laundry... sure, they probably made a bit on top, good for them, but I don't have to do it myself... for 150 baht... I am satisfied. Well, I better not say that until I get it back... 

Keep the Clean Pro shops in mind  seen a few in old city...nice big new side loaders and dryers

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, 1FinickyOne said:

absolutely, if you can find someone to do it for that price, but take a look at it when it returns to see if it is clean and they haven't beaten it to death.  Sometimes in the Thai laundries, the care shown with fabric and items is not what we might be used to.  Additionally, few of the laundries have any filter system for their water supply, so the water used to wash items is not the cleanest--remember one time in bkk, a laundry i sent things to--it wasn't long before the white athletic socks or bath towels were now a dingy light brown color.

• Thanks 1

Orchid hotel used to do ours...then my wife found a way to save me money. I spent a small fortune on a Bosch washing machine with a huge tub. I probably could have washed the comforter at Orchid for about 20 years for the price of it.

• Haha 1