Swedish family celebrated New Year in isolation in Thailand

webfact

2 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

My concern is not the virus itself or getting unwell from it, my concern is dealing with he hassles of not being able to travel overseas to work

Exactly the same.

I don't self isolate before travelling but i certainly avoid busy places / crowds etc.

20 hours ago, ukrules said:

I'm not so sure about that, most people are woefully uneducated about foreign rules and regulations.

Just look at the problems people get themselves into with immigration issues - most have no clue, we've even had people on the elite visas overstaying and being banned.

Hardly anyone actually reads all of the smallprint.

"Hardly anyone actually reads all of the smallprint." True, and that is exactly why it is used.  When small print is used, it is to try and hide things from people and deceive them.

• Like 1

On 1/6/2022 at 12:19 PM, hugolars said:

I know for a fact that Thai nationals testing positive for Omicron in Phuket are sent home to self isolate for 10 days.

I guess that farang Omicron is much more dangerous or it's a insurance scam. take your pick.

Thais are presumed to be poor and have their own home place to isolate... foreign tourists in Phuket are expected to be in hotels or resorts, unsuitable for self isolation, and have plenty more money than sense. 

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Westie1 said:

Just spent three weeks in Mexico. Fantastic time. Gotta get on with life 

Well bully for you! But I don't think Mexico has any Covid travel restrictions, testing or quarantine requirements, unlike Thailand.

On 1/6/2022 at 6:14 AM, lordblackader said:

Aren't Scandis meant to be hardy, strong people? 

Here's a picture of a small violin. They rolled the dice and they lost. Cry me a river. 

61CajVbgRuL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

They are the most, to use an euphemism, naive people, one could possibly meet.

Live in a bubble, created by the nanny state(Sweden, Denmark etc).Desperate for attention, but equally arrogant.

This is a non story.

On 1/6/2022 at 6:41 AM, Virt said:

Thailand should look at other countries and see what they do to please their tourists.

Canary island offer free covid insurance. 

Denmark offer isolation in Hotel and food free of charge for tourists that are tested positive and are asymptomatic or have mild symptoms.

And I'm sure a lot of other countries have similar things for their tourists.

If Thailand want their tourists back they have to offer them something, and a bunch of restrictions are not the solution in the long run.

Thailand does not have the resources to cater for thousands of potentially infected/close contacts.

Cannot compare Denmark with Thailand.Siam-Asoke-Ratchada area is more populated than Copenhagen, just to give an example.

How many tourists come to Denmark compared to Thailand?And who the heck even visits Denmark, other than norwegians and germans?

Edited by drenddy