Moving 800,000 from savings acc to Fixed Term. (Samui).

Thinking of moving my THB800,000 for retirement extension from my Savings Account to Fixed Term Account. Mainly for reasons of safety, (no debit card attached) and to get the miniscule interest offered nowadays. Every little helps.

With the requirements of having the money in account for three months prior to, and three months after visa renewal, would immigration allow this?

Or would I have to do it in the six month window when the money doesn'y have to be there?

TIA

• Thanks 1

400,000 always has to be in the account, if you have the cash,

leave the 400,000 in there and open a fixed account with 800,000,

that's what I did , but still had to show the bankbook with 400,000 in,

once you get extension you can use the 400,000 THB, 

regards worgeordie

• Like 2

Best would be to move the money during the almost 7 month long 400k baht period, which will make it more easy for the immigration officer to check; or after an extension of stay and with withdrawal and new deposit same day.

I've been using the 800k baht in 12-month fixed deposit for long time and even been shopping around between three banks for best interest. I always move a couple of day after my extended stay expired, withdraw and deposit same day, and I never have had any problems.

With a 12 month clean deposit it's easy for immigration officer, and she (it's normally the same lady now on days) don't bother checking the maturing time, or ask to see bank book in three month...????

• Like 1