Register and operate an office in the residential zone of a condominium?

4 minutes ago, zappalot said:

Now, who would challenge a lawyer, spending X00,000 Baht and years in court to prove him doing the wrong thing?

The lawyer is not Thai and not even in the country. Has 1 Thai staff doing all the work.

Its specifically mentioned in the condo act, NO business's in condo blocks unless its in specific shops etc that are classified as business premises.

Not to mention, its probably not allowed in most condo bylaws.

Edited by Peterw42
  • Like 1

You can probably register it as your business address, why should they care if it's a condo or a house, they might not even know.

As long as it's just your home office you also won't have a problem. If you have workers/customers going and leaving, then other people or the condo management will probably make problems.

I assume you are talking about a company. I have a Thai corporation that legally uses my personal condominium address as the company's address.

However, you cannot declare the condo as the company's address yourself.  You must first go through 2 legal steps. First, you need to get written permission from your condominium that you can use your living space for the company's business.  This may take some finesse.

Second, you must register the address with government authorities, including in the company paperwork.  In my case, I changed the address of an existing company.  I was also required to go for a formal interview to explain  the new arrangements before permission was granted. If I remember right, I had to set up work desks for me and one theoretical assistant.  The lawyer that files your paperwork would likely be able to advise on details.

The condo did allow me to use my condo even though it is not part of the condo's commercial area.  So it can be done.

• Like 2