Hypocrisy everywhere as Thailand - and her detractors - stumble into 2022!

ASEAN NOW

4 hours ago, BostonRob2 said:

Cheers and thanks.

So what do you think of the Aussie court's Novax decision today. Overturned with costs....titter!

It was always going to end that way. Djokovic was denied natural justice and procedural fairness in waht was proved to be an arbitrary decision. 

I met my Thai wife in Australia. At the time she had a departation order and, luckily, I was able to get it overturned and we stayed in Australia until she gained citizenship. Actually, it wasn't so much luck as having worked for government and knowing how the system worked.

I always say to Thai people wanting to live in Australia that the trick is getting there in the first place. Once you are there, there are many ways to stay permanently and gain citizenship.

I think it is the opposite for Thailand (at least in normal times). It is easy to get a visa to come here, but difficult to gain citizenship.

1 hour ago, Stevemercer said:

It was always going to end that way. Djokovic was denied natural justice and procedural fairness in waht was proved to be an arbitrary decision. 

I met my Thai wife in Australia. At the time she had a departation order and, luckily, I was able to get it overturned and we stayed in Australia until she gained citizenship. Actually, it wasn't so much luck as having worked for government and knowing how the system worked.

I always say to Thai people wanting to live in Australia that the trick is getting there in the first place. Once you are there, there are many ways to stay permanently and gain citizenship.

I think it is the opposite for Thailand (at least in normal times). It is easy to get a visa to come here, but difficult to gain citizenship.

Not exactly true - he has been allowed to stay on a technicality - if immigration want to, they an still throw hime out on grounds of breaking Covid regulations.

PS - Largest group of illegally staying immigrants in Oz is...the Brits.

Edited by Thunglom
  • Like 1