Health Insurance for Thailand Pass. Duration required with 1 way ticket?

I have the Thai Elite visa and am returning to Thailand. For Thailand Pass you need Health Insurance, but I've been unable to find how long that period needs to cover.

Earlier last year a friend, who also lives in Thailand, entered (before Thailand Pass was introduced) and he needed 1 month of insurance. I'm not sure if this has changed with Thailand Pass.

I have a 1 way ticket. Anyone else who entered recently know?

Thanks

21 minutes ago, khunnoob said:

I have a 1 way ticket. Anyone else who entered recently know?

I have not and this question has been asked previously. Hopefully some people will be able to post recent experience. 

Originally there was vague statement along lines of "insurance for length of stay".

Some reports where they have obtained a 30 day coverage even with much longer reentry permit or in your case 12 month stamp from PE visa. 

Hopefully recent reports can give accurate advice. 

Edited by DrJack54

While Thailand is under Emergency Decree and has been processing Certificate of Entry arrivals and more recently Test & Go (Thailand Pass) I have entered Thailand on 4 occasions. 

Each time I’ve either been on a Non-Immigrant O (based on Marriage) or most recently the Thai Elite Visa.

On every single one of those entries my ‘permission of stay’ exceeded the duration of insurance. 

BUT.... the insurance, which I renew yearly anyway has always exceeded 30 days - thus I assume 30 days is the ‘unwritten requirement’ but cannot confirm that. 

Last year In April I returned on a Re-entry Permit with an Extension of Stay based on Marriage expiring in October (6 months) with Insurance expiring at the end of May (2 months) - No issues. 

I'd already flagged the potential ‘hiccup’ but figured I have sufficient insurance history to highlight its renewed yearly should that question be raised - it never was. 

Thus, I would guess, 30 days min cover - this seems to correspond with the initial reasoning for the insurance in the first place to cover and hospital costs should an arrival test positive for Covid-19.

• Like 1

I understand you dont have any, but can afford one.

Ge the cheapest 1 year health with a minimum $50k.

I have opted for the highest possible deductible to lower premium. That one is 3mln with 300k deductible.

Better to get full cover, instead of poor quality short insurance.

You might need to travel internationally for many different reasons. Even if you are not planning.

If some wave overwhelms thai health system you have a chance to run somewhere to safety.

Thai health insurance covers you also abroad

Edited by internationalism

28 minutes ago, internationalism said:

Ge the cheapest 1 year health with a minimum $50k

That's a fair recommendation but not really the OP,s question.

He stated this.....

"For Thailand Pass you need Health Insurance, but I've been unable to find how long that period needs to cover"...

This is a specific question regarding what is required. 

8 hours ago, JackGats said:

My visa comes up for renewal on May 2nd so I'll be stamped "until May 2nd". My return flight is on May 2nd and my insurance covers my stay until May 2nd.

That's all fine but again does not address OP,s question.

He will be stamped in for a year and is asking what is required insurance wise. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

That's a fair recommendation but not really the OP,s question.

He stated this.....

"For Thailand Pass you need Health Insurance, but I've been unable to find how long that period needs to cover"...

This is a specific question regarding what is required. 

you have already answered that before me.

just a suggestion for a very affluent person to think beyond one month perspective of a factory worker

Edited by internationalism