Still pcr test on Qatar to UK?

clivebaxter

My experience with QR is that it is the destination country's requirements which are enforced at check in.

This is validated from other travel forums.

So try to determine the U.K.'s current requirements.

Edited by mtls2005

3 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

My experience with QR is that it is the destination country's requirements which are enforced at check in.

This is validated from other travel forums.

So try to determine the U.K.'s current requirements.

But if you are transiting then that surely applies as well? From today UK entry is only a lateral flow test. I will have to go into exchange tower and ask them, can't get manage my booking to work on their website or app anyway.

Edited by clivebaxter

4 hours ago, clivebaxter said:

But if you are transiting then that surely applies as well?

Transiting where? At DOH? Then no, it surely doesn't apply.

You are transiting the U.K. onwards to where?

What is your itinerary?

Are you "fully" vaccinated?

Edited by mtls2005
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

Transiting where? At DOH? Then no, it surely doesn't apply.

You are transiting the U.K. onwards to where?

What is your itinerary?

Are you "fully" vaccinated?

Fully vaccinated + booster transiting Doha just to UK

Clive IMO you should check with Qatar closer to the date of your flight, when Qatar have had a chance to update. I'd have thought Qatar might have their own requirement for boarding / transit even though the UK destination may not require PCR.

Surely airlines will want to know that PAX are 'covid safe' anyway, before boarding, particularly for long flights ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TorquayFan said:

Surely airlines will want to know that PAX are 'covid safe' anyway, before boarding, particularly for long flights ?

Most/all destinations do have a testing requirement.

Perhaps if a destination which QR serves does NOT have a testing requirement, then they might invoke a testing requirement for itineraries involving this specific destination/country?

Agree on waiting until closer to departure date, although it'ss till only for planning purposes, it's not like you're going to get a test to day for travel "in a few weeks".

What is the current U.K. requirement for entry re: testing, as per the OP said to have changed on Tuesday?

4 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

Most/all destinations do have a testing requirement.

Perhaps if a destination which QR serves does NOT have a testing requirement, then they might invoke a testing requirement for itineraries involving this specific destination/country?

Agree on waiting until closer to departure date, although it'ss till only for planning purposes, it's not like you're going to get a test to day for travel "in a few weeks".

What is the current U.K. requirement for entry re: testing, as per the OP said to have changed on Tuesday?

Fill out locator form 48 hours before and book and pay for a lateral flow test you can have delivered to your home address cost about 10 pounds, or 400 baht, that's it

16 minutes ago, clivebaxter said:

Fill out locator form 48 hours before and book and pay for a lateral flow test you can have delivered to your home address cost about 10 pounds, or 400 baht, that's it

That's after arrival in the U.K. right? As of today?

So no testing requirement pre-departure, right.

What are others saying on travel forums?

On 1/11/2022 at 12:43 PM, clivebaxter said:

I will have to go into exchange tower

Can you ring them?

On 1/11/2022 at 12:43 PM, clivebaxter said:

can't get manage my booking to work on their website or app anyway

This would raise a red flag with me.

Did a quick scan not seeing a lot of info.

QR;s terms include this:

In case that Qatar Airways or government regulation requires you to present a negative COVID-19 test result on departure and/or arrival, Qatar Airways will verify this information at check-in and retain a copy of the test result. Please have additional copies of the test result available with you for submission. Passengers are also required to complete, sign and submit a consent form at the check-in counters along with their negative COVID-19 test result. Click here to download the consent form.

So I infer, always a risk, that QR may/will.could ask for a negative test result.

I'd check my email, and my PNR online to see if there are any updates. 

And I'd try to call QR here to get an update.

I found QR to be responsive via DM (the envelope icon) on Twitter. Give them your PNR and name.

https://twitter.com/qrsupport

Edited by mtls2005
  • Like 1

• 2 years later...

If it were me, I'd call the airline a few days before the flight, enough time to get the test(s) done if still required, but as close to flight day as possible in case something changes last minute.  Too often, info on the interwebs is either not up to date, or one site conflicts with another.  DM'ing works if they respond in a timely manner, but I wouldn't count on that if it's my time and money at risk.  I wanna talk to a live person with skin in the game.

The airline has a financial incentive to not let you on the flight if you're going to encounter an immigration problem along the way.   

I'd also write down the name of the person I spoke to, so there's a little bit of recourse (if only guilting them) if he/she gave me wrong info.

Edited by impulse

1 minute ago, impulse said:

If it were me, I'd call the airline a few days before the flight, enough time to get the test(s) done if still required, but as close to flight day as possible in case something changes last minute.  Too often, info on the interwebs is either not up to date, or one site conflicts with another.

The airline has a financial incentive to not let you on the flight if you're going to encounter an immigration problem along the way.   

I'd also write down the name of the person I spoke to, so there's a little bit of recourse (if only guilting them) if he/she gave me wrong info.

Imagine if everyone did that , tens of thousands of people all trying to ring the airlines office and very few people getting through and those with important issues wouldn't be able to speak to anyone in the office 

49 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Imagine if everyone did that , tens of thousands of people all trying to ring the airlines office and very few people getting through and those with important issues wouldn't be able to speak to anyone in the office 

Do what you want, obviously. 

But if I just gave QA a wad of money for a R/T ticket, I wouldn't feel a bit guilty about spending 2 minutes on the phone with their customer service to make sure they'll let me on the plane.

4 minutes ago, impulse said:

Do what you want, obviously. 

But if I just gave QA a wad of money for a R/T ticket, I wouldn't feel a bit guilty about spending 2 minutes on the phone with their customer service to make sure they'll let me on the plane.

I always check before I book , there are up to date independent websites which show the requirements and it tells you when it was updated .

All the latest info is on the Qatar website as well .

If all the passengers on the flight made the call , that would be 800 minutes , the whole day for customer services telling passengers the same thing   

3 hours ago, impulse said:

If it were me, I'd call the airline a few days before the flight,

Not advised and two years late. Thread from January 22.

Are there really people out there who think PCR tests necessary in January 24?

Edited by KhunBENQ

4 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

Not advised and two years late. Thread from January 22.

Are there really people out there who think PCR tests necessary in January 24?

My bad.  I saw the Jan 13 and thought it was today...  I wonder how it even popped up so I'd see it.

Still, I never hesitate to call the airline with any questions regarding boarding requirements, whether they be Covid or visa related.  Too much bad info on the interweb and in forums.

1 minute ago, impulse said:

My bad.  I saw the Jan 13 and thought it was today...  I wonder how it even popped up so I'd see it.

No problem. You are far from record holder. Recently a Pattaya news thread from 2004 was revived:biggrin:

4 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

No problem. You are far from record holder. Recently a Pattaya news thread from 2004 was revived:biggrin:

In my defense, I'd add that, up until about 3 or 4 months ago, I needed a Covid test to board my flights to and from China.  And last month, they actually tested us at the airport in China.  Nasal swab, but I don't know what for.  May have been for weed for all I know...