Asia Pacific

Highwayman

Usually when l visit my sister-in-law in Laem Chabang, down Si Racha way l get to watch the football :D (AFL)on Asia Pacific.

Recently when l was there, Asia Pacific was just coming up with the No Signal :o message. Checked out the local hotel, same thing.

Does anyone know the reason? A change in satellite provider perhaps. Is it still available in Pattaya?

thanks.

It has nothing to do with your location for the

most part. My service apt here in BKK loses HBO

and Star Sport every time it rains. Signal loss

due to moisture in the signal path.

Sometimes we even lose signal when it is not

raining. So I go to the bldg engineer and he goes

up to the roof and resets the receiver and lo and

behold we have the channel back.

Paul, having UBC Satellite in Bangkok l'm aware of the problem with the rain :D but l don't think that was the reason this time. All other channels were fine, plus it hardly rained in the couple of days l was there. :D

Also l checked out a few other places where l have seen it before and they no longer had it. :D No one could tell me why and being Thai they weren't too concerned about Australian TV :o but for me l like to schedule my trips down that way so l can watch a few games.

UBC please note, you have an option for Japanese viewers to pay a premium to get NHK. What about something similar for Asia Pacific. I'd pay an extra 500 baht a month to get it. Don't have a suitable spot to put another dish.

Well this may not be directly on topic, but a

friend in another apt slips 20B to his bldg engineer

to change the receiver from HBO to Cinemax when

there is a movie he really wants to see.

Neat trick. Time multiplex of all the Astro channels

is possible this way.

FYI ....

Yeah, I've been in contact with abcasiapacific and they said they had been in negotiations with UBC for broadcast rights. Apparently the guys at UBC have been pretty tough to deal with. I wouldn't hold my breath, UBC have been hiking prices and cutting back content (no more UBC movies...oh I mean it has merged with series channel...thanks UBC, kewl)

They used to show an hour of AFL highlights, but I think even that has gone.

Oh well, guess it's off to The Office (@soi 33) or Internet Radio! or buy a satellite dish the size of my room

kabal, you're correct, no more late night AFL highlights on UBC sports.:D

afl.com.au broadcast most games live. It used to cost but it's reverted to free again this year :D On dial up l still manage to get good coverage 90% of the time.:o

I know there are a few bars like The Office and Bus Stop that show AsiaPacific but l'm on the outskirts of Bangkok so l'd love to be able to save the trek in sometimes. :D