UK - ILR turnaround times

Hi

We're applying this week for ILR in Croydon/London. We'll be doing it via ISA savings ( anybody doing this method I'd like welcome input ). 

The normal period they say is up to 6 months.

The Fast-track is £800+ for a day or two service. I'm willing to pay this as we've not been back for nearly 2 years and my wife wants to see her family - her gran is frail.

Has anyone experience of either normal or fast-track option in the last year re date of applications and receipt of ILR ?

Cheers

P

<deleted> prices went up a bit. Your post reminds me of going to Lunar House in 2001 at 06:00am to get temporary leave to remain for my Thai wife. About 300 people in the queue already. Was out of there about 3pm all done. No or minimal cost IIRC. Went back a year later at 05:00am to get ILR and about 500 people in the queue. Was done about 11:00am. No appointments either time. Never wanted to trust putting wife's passport in the system as needed to travel. Not sure how it works now but crikey £800 for ILR is outrageous. She got full British citizenship after 3 years of marriage and I think it cost me about £800 total. Good luck with your journey. 

Edited by soi3eddie

11 hours ago, soi3eddie said:

<deleted> prices went up a bit. Your post reminds me of going to Lunar House in 2001 at 06:00am to get temporary leave to remain for my Thai wife. About 300 people in the queue already. Was out of there about 3pm all done. No or minimal cost IIRC. Went back a year later at 05:00am to get ILR and about 500 people in the queue. Was done about 11:00am. No appointments either time. Never wanted to trust putting wife's passport in the system as needed to travel. Not sure how it works now but crikey £800 for ILR is outrageous. She got full British citizenship after 3 years of marriage and I think it cost me about £800 total. Good luck with your journey. 

The basic application - excluding BRP, fast-track etc, is actually £2389

The average time is indeed six months so the super priority service for an extra £800 is the way to go if you want a quick result. Something to bear in mind, however, is that there can be a delay in getting a biometric appointment and the super priority does not kick in until after that appointment. Having said that the average is six months, I am a member of a couple of ILR and citizenship groups here in the UK and  things do seem to have a speeded up a little just recently. I did the normal route for my wife’s just over a year ago and got a result in about two months. Didn’t go down the savings route as I used my work and state pension so can’t help with that one, sorry.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bigyin said:

The average time is indeed six months so the super priority service for an extra £800 is the way to go if you want a quick result. Something to bear in mind, however, is that there can be a delay in getting a biometric appointment and the super priority does not kick in until after that appointment. Having said that the average is six months, I am a member of a couple of ILR and citizenship groups here in the UK and  things do seem to have a speeded up a little just recently. I did the normal route for my wife’s just over a year ago and got a result in about two months. Didn’t go down the savings route as I used my work and state pension so can’t help with that one, sorry.

Thanks for that.

I'll update this thread with our route/time frames. Scheduled to submit Monday.

If there are other groups please PM me them so my missus can check them out if they're not allowed to be listed here.

We will go fast-track if possible so I'll add those details too.

Cheers

P