Dogs - Mouth Cancer

Unable to find old "Pet" Forum so have posted here.

I have a 2 year old mixed breed dog.
A month ago some reddening of the lower front jaw appeared which has gradually increased.
He has always eaten lots of sandy soil when out walking, very specific as to where he eats, he doesn't eat grass as the other two dogs do.

He often pants and dribbles, unless at rest.
There seems to be an extra 2 very small teeth one of which has broken.

A couple of days ago he must have bit something and lip was damaged and bleeding.
He is being medicated but due to the location of the damage he is obviously uncomfortable and bleeds slightly if panting.
The intention is to take him to the animal department at Khon Kaen University.

Has any other dog owner here in Thailand seen mouth cancer ?

unlikely to be cancer in 2 year old dog

What breed is he? You say mixed - but what does he look like? Terrier? Flat faced?

It is not unusual for dogs to have 'extra' incisor teeth - most often retained deciduous teeth.

These teeth - especially if damaged - should be removed.

can give more informed opinion with pics

4 hours ago, G Rex said:

unlikely to be cancer in 2 year old dog

What breed is he? You say mixed - but what does he look like? Terrier? Flat faced?

It is not unusual for dogs to have 'extra' incisor teeth - most often retained deciduous teeth.

These teeth - especially if damaged - should be removed.

can give more informed opinion with pics

Thanks G Rex.
Many thanks for info.
Should make clear that they are a friends  ( who cares for the dogs and the family who dont care much ) so I spend time walking them etc.      The white dog is older but lives at same house, sometimes friend of the black one depends of situation.    There is a third 20kg lovable dog who protects the black one.

Dog is the black one centre of picture.    The white dog is his friend and there is also a third dog not in picture
He has what I would call "kinky back" and when he lays down he lays on his belly rear legs spread behind him.
His brother died within a few days of being born his mother a few days later from brain worm.
Will take him to the animal hospital in Khon Kaen, have to wait for car transport.    For now he is being kept inside house / yard and being visited.

Not worried over treatment cost, do you have any idea how long the dog needs to spend at hospital if teeth are removed ?      Treated another dog some years ago for something and she was in a couple of nights.

image.jpeg.ab88930b5d1662234fee9f8e515449ae.jpeg

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Speedo1968 said:

Not worried over treatment cost, do you have any idea how long the dog needs to spend at hospital if teeth are removed ?      Treated another dog some years ago for something and she was in a couple of nights.

image.jpeg.ab88930b5d1662234fee9f8e515449ae.jpeg

He looks typical Thai dog!

A simple extraction - if that is all that is required - is definitely only a one day procedure - done in morning , home in afternoon.   

Anything more - I really can't be certain.

16 hours ago, G Rex said:

A simple extraction - if that is all that is required - is definitely only a one day procedure - done in morning , home in afternoon.   

OP - Thanks again for your comments G Rex

On 1/12/2022 at 5:15 PM, G Rex said:

OP - I made error about his mother she died from heart worm not brain worm.
Never did know where she came from as one day she followed me when walking other dogs and jumped over the wall in to my friends family house.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

OP Update
Dog has mouth and intestinal cancer both respond well to chemo
Had first chemo treatment a week ago and some improvement but still off food.   Sick this morning not sure if this is a delayed response to chemo treatment.
Will have 6 chemo treatments once each week.